Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Best Boxing Commentator in Recent Memory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Roy Jones - tells the fans clearly what is actually happening in the ring. his analysis is normally very indicitive of what is going on in the ring. and for the "brothers", i like his less corny approach than some of the other commentators.

2. Teddy Atlas - i enjoy his passion for boxing. i enjoy his tough guy style of commentating. i always get the feeling he's trying to be fair.

The WORST commentator award goes to:

STEVE FARHOOD!!!

I can't stand the way that guy talks, looks or acts. His voice is annoying as all hell and I always get the feeling he's never boxed before.

Comment

my list

1. Roy Jones - tells the fans clearly what is actually happening in the ring. his analysis is normally very indicitive of what is going on in the ring. and for the "brothers", i like his less corny approach than some of the other commentators.

2. Teddy Atlas - i enjoy his passion for boxing. i enjoy his tough guy style of commentating. i always get the feeling he's trying to be fair.

The WORST commentator award goes to:

STEVE FARHOOD!!!

I can't stand the way that guy talks, looks or acts. His voice is annoying as all hell and I always get the feeling he's never boxed before.

Comment

In "recent memory" depends on how far your memory goes. A famous sports commentator, who covered Ali life and fights, was Howard Cosell.

Comment

Lampley gives that sense of excitement in fights, even though his analysis is usually ****...

Comment

Roy Jones

Roy Jones lets you know what's really going on. Most of the other guys play to script. Too bad he's hard to understand sometimes. Has Ward replaced him on HBO? Ward is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
              Who ya got and why?

I didn't include any European/Spanish/etc. Sorry!
              Bernstein for me.

Comment

BTW, Howard Cossell just told you what he saw...with hype. Had nothing insightful to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                  BTW, Howard Cossell just told you what he saw...with hype. Had nothing insightful to offer.
                  I agree he was terrble and over rated.

Comment

I liked Antonio Tarver as a commentator.

Brian Kenny, Joe Tessitore and Jim Lampley are very good, as is Dan Rafael on EPIX.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                      That's what a Play-by-Play announcer does... analysis is left to the color commentator(s).

Comment

Working...
                      X