Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO is killing Boxing. Give us the fights we want!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
    you talkin about Gary Russel?

didnt Haymon and GBP take all that crap over to Showtime?
    I said headlining. As in main event for telecast. You knew who I meant and if you didn't then try following sport before writing

Comment

Wow. When Berto and Haymon infested fights were killing boxing at HBO these clowns were nowhere to be found. Canelo, Broner and others benefited from that.

Wherever Mayweather goes, worshipers go. That seems clear as saran wrap. If Mayweather says jump off a cliff, these clowns will jump.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
        Wow. When Berto and Haymon infested fights were killing boxing at HBO these clowns were nowhere to be found. Canelo, Broner and others benefited from that.

Wherever Mayweather goes, worshipers go. That seems clear as saran wrap. If Mayweather says jump off a cliff, these clowns will jump.
        So you agree with a 6 rounder as a quality fight to be main event?

And I can say whatever Floyd is against you haters will be for it, full force. If Floyd says I hate yellow shirts y'all would buy all the yellow shirts you can find.

Oh but this isn't about Floyd but thank you for mentioning him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
          By giving us a headlining 6 rounder between a guy with 2 fights v a bum
          Its on HBO 2, and they'r just televising gradivich vs Munoz and Estrada vs melindo. Its in China so Shiming is automatically the last fight. They have absolutely no control over that. Why people cannot wrap their heads around it i dont know. Its not an HBO event, its a shiming event that they're simply televising

Berto is about to fight Karass as a main event on the same day and will probably get paid $1 mil for it. Meanwhile The guys on HBO 2 will receive pennies if anything from HBO 2

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            I said headlining. As in main event for telecast. You knew who I meant and if you didn't then try following sport before writing

i know exactly what you're talkin about...HBO is trying to build a new star by tapping into a 1 billion people market...if you dont understand their attempt to expand the audience then i suggest you take a business class before replying

whats the point of televising Russel's 6 round fights other than to please Haymon's power plays?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              It's not a good look, but can you really blame them?? The card is taking place in China after all. At least the card is filled with decent match-ups. Estrada/Melindo, Gradyovich/Munoz, Ruiz Jr/Hanks could turn out to be entertaining.
              its a horrible horrible hbo card. even worse than anything with berto attached to it.

Comment

i know exactly what you're talkin about...HBO is trying to build a new star by tapping into a 1 billion people market...if you dont understand their attempt to expand the audience then i suggest you take a business class before replying

whats the point of televising Russel's 6 round fights other than to please Haymon's power plays?
                ummm, u kinda cant expand your market into china if u are hbo. hbo doesnt exist in china. this is all arum. i get why hes doing it, but hbo wont reap the benefits of it.

Comment

GB/SHO publicists are heavy on this site today posing as....

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    ummm, u kinda cant expand your market into china if u are hbo. hbo doesnt exist in china. this is all arum. i get why hes doing it, but hbo wont reap the benefits of it.
                    These Chinese people here in the states are too busy buying houses and gambling on the Lakers to care about some Chinese fighter on HBO. Or are they????

Comment

yall keep bringing up Russell and Haymon like I said I agreed with that

Comment

Working...
                      X