Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko May Big Bucks, Eyes an Immediate Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basically it's a unique opportunity for HBO/TopRank to make such a fight. It's not everyday that one of the best amateurs (if not the best) of all time willing to fight for the title in his 1st fight. On top of that this amateur has aggressive, pro-like, crowd pleasing style.

Lomachenko will go down 2 weight classes, so he should be dominant in the fight and could very well knock his opponent out. It seems to me it's well worth for HBO to invest several 100Ks in this project - it's not such a great amount of money.

Should be great investment, especially considering they don't have too many exciting fights in the pipeline. I guess it's up to HBO and TopRank to make that happen. Would be really intriguing and new, something that has never been done before.

Comment

Originally posted by steven_z View Post
      Basically it's a unique opportunity for HBO/TopRank to make such a fight. It's not everyday that one of the best amateurs (if not the best) of all time willing to fight for the title in his 1st fight. On top of that this amateur has aggressive, pro-like, crowd pleasing style.

Lomachenko will go down 2 weight classes, so he should be dominant in the fight and could very well knock his opponent out. It seems to me it's well worth for HBO to invest several 100Ks in this project - it's not such a great amount of money.

Should be great investment, especially considering they don't have too many exciting fights in the pipeline. I guess it's up to HBO and TopRank to make that happen. Would be really intriguing and new, something that has never been done before.
      One weightclass. He fought at 60kg/131lbs in the amateurs and the only reason he was there is because in 2010 they eliminated the 57kg/125lbs weightclass he fought at. More importantly...

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
      He just confirmed that 4m is plain rumor. Also Vasya pointed that he wouldn't mind fight a champion right away, wants to fight best. He never stated that he wants Championship fight Only.

After watching interview with Bob Arum, I really think think Klimas guy has 6 grades of school. he speaks worse English thatn I am, and barely translates anything. Therefore we have 4million rumors, fights with MAyweather etc..) and don't follow him on tweeter, that's not him
      This

Comment

In WSB Lomachenko was fighting at Lightweight (61 kg), he goes down 2 weight classes to Featherweight (Lightweight->Jr. Lightweight->Featherweight). No doubt he will be dominant.

Comment

looking forward to seeing this kid in the pro game his amateur career is second to none

Comment

If he could make 122, let him sign with Top Rank. I bet Rigo would love to fight him. Two of the greatest amateurs

Comment

Working...
            X