No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Have The Ability To Outbox Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Of course it's hypocritical of him, but s**t, all these fighters are hypocrites. We learn that time and time again.

I put it in the exact same boat as Pac-Cotto, which was a good fight. Cotto was good to go on fight night, and much much bigger than Manny. The better man won, and it was only like 1 lb south of where Cotto was in his previous fight. No beef with me.

Same thing with Floyd-Canelo. It's 2 lbs south of 154, but only like 1 lb south of where Canelo was last fight. And no one is going to be thinking about the CW when Floyd is 150 on fight night, and Canelo is 170+.
    Well the 2lb weight thing u don't know how hard cotto had to make that weight even I don't know only Cotto and he's team Knows that but we know one thing for sure that pAC could have fought cotto at 147lb easily team pAC and expert Freddy roach will take any advantage against the opponent. Cotto did complain a bit about the weight long after the fight with pAC saying if he were to fight pAC again he will not sacrifice he's body again and I think that's why bob arum didnt go for a rematch with Cotto instead jr fought him at 154lb .. First off Cotto should have stayed at he's weight and not try to fall for team Pacquiao Catch weight trick and stood he's ground but again the $$$$ is gona help him make the weight healthy and strong and come fight night he will be fully ready mentally and physically.. What's the point of weight divisions if cathweights Are put there to make it easier to one guy to get a advantage from another.. This is what happens when u have too many people controlling the rules and regulations there should be only one governing body this way u have to go by fighting your ranked fighters fighting your mandatory's fighting at the weight no hand picking fighters this way everyone gets a Shot at the title and its fair and full weight divisions no more super and Jr weight divisions but this will never happen since the $$$$ is the main priority not the health of the fighters and respect of the support..one more corrupt organization for the world..

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
      Everyone comes at Floyd. Why not try and box him. Canelo has a great jab, height and reach, and can move pretty well too. Believe it or not, Mayweather is quite open to the jab that's why I've always believed Khan would give him a great fight. Speed, height, reach, and a world class jab would present Mayweather with something different. Canelo doesn't have the speed of Khan but he has everything else and I'm confident he can take some rounds from Mayweather. If he tries to pressure Floyd too much he will get picked off and frustrate himself.
      Unfortunately Khan is too stupid to use he's talent and skill to he's advantage instead does the absolute opposite by jumping in and out with him being Wide open for counters over and over again.. I beilieve if Khan was a a way more Calm and Patient fighter he would be one of the best and would be unbeaten fighter because he has natural talent but the mistakes from the Amatuer days have carried on to the pros that will take years and years to break.. And the lack of Not Knowning how to Defend and get away from punches outside and inside has cost him dearly. Just because Khan got Hunter doesn't mean he's going to learn these things over night it's gona take him along long time by which time Khan would have retired since he wants to retire early.. And if he doesn't learn these Boxing fundamentals the sport will retire him before he would do that himself. He has being in some gruesome fights and taken heavy damage in the process because the lack of Knowledge in boxing.
      Last edited by Illdil; 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Canelo thinking he can outbox Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If this is the plan, he'll lose by a wider margin than I originally thought.
          U said, "You Thought", Now that's something Original!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
            Everyone comes at Floyd. Why not try and box him. Canelo has a great jab, height and reach, and can move pretty well too. Believe it or not, Mayweather is quite open to the jab that's why I've always believed Khan would give him a great fight. Speed, height, reach, and a world class jab would present Mayweather with something different. Canelo doesn't have the speed of Khan but he has everything else and I'm confident he can take some rounds from Mayweather. If he tries to pressure Floyd too much he will get picked off and frustrate himself.
            I disagree. He has a decent jab, but it's nowhere near as great as Cotto's jab. He has a tendency of throwing the jab low and that might not work out too well for him against a sharpshooter like, Floyd. Canelo's skill set are underrated, but he isn't on Floyd's level yet. He has to set his feet before he throws punches and sometimes he waits too long before he gets his punches off. The only thing that will stand out in this fight will be Canelo's more eye-catching punching power. Floyd by 8-4 UD.
            Last edited by Carpe Diem; 06-26-2013, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Floyd Sr hated his fighting on the ropes which is why he had him boxing in his last fight. Floyd Sr definitely will not allow him to brawl against Canelo if he didn't allow him to do that against soft punching Guerrero. Definitely going to be the boxer against the puncher. Canelo has some speed so it will be interesting for awhile. Canelo may even get a knock down or a have Floyd hurt. Late rounds, I see Floyd having Canelo fully figured out by the 7th round.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              I think this is bad strategy. In the past 4 or 5 fights, Floyd is spending a lot of time in the pocket and on the ropes, but once there, guys are looking for the perfect head shot insted of vicious body shots, EVEN WHEN THEY OUTWEIGH HIM! Kill the body and look for the KO late.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Here's the problem with thinking all Canelo needs to do is "brawl" with Mayweather to win. There will be many times in the fight where Canelo (like he did vs Trout) will have to box from the outside.

At first I thought this couldn't be done by him, but he shocked me in the way he did box vs Trout and showed me he isn't a 1 dimensional fighter.

While I don't think Canelo can outbox Mayweather for 12 rounds, he will have to outbox him in spurts. He can't just come forward all the time because of stamina issues. He has to pick his spots of when to do what.

I also think that Canelo is as fast as Mayweather, or it's very close. Watching Canelo in the last few fights, he's an incredible athlete, much better than most give him credit for.
                Good Take.....By following your advise, there will be times that the Cinnamon Bun
                get's to the FRAUDSTERS Suspect Whiskers, and that comes after He digs deep to
                El Boy's Body!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                  Here's the problem with thinking all Canelo needs to do is "brawl" with Mayweather to win. There will be many times in the fight where Canelo (like he did vs Trout) will have to box from the outside.

At first I thought this couldn't be done by him, but he shocked me in the way he did box vs Trout and showed me he isn't a 1 dimensional fighter.

While I don't think Canelo can outbox Mayweather for 12 rounds, he will have to outbox him in spurts. He can't just come forward all the time because of stamina issues. He has to pick his spots of when to do what.

I also think that Canelo is as fast as Mayweather, or it's very close. Watching Canelo in the last few fights, he's an incredible athlete, much better than most give him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                    I disagree. He has a decent jab, but it's nowhere near as great as Cotto's jab. He has a tendency of throwing the jab low and that might not work out too well for him against a sharpshooter like, Floyd. Canelo's skill set are underrated, but he isn't on Floyd's level yet. He has to set his feet before he throws punches and sometimes he waits too long before he gets his punches off. The only thing that will stand out in this fight will be Canelo's more eye-catching punching power. Floyd by 8-4 UD.
                    good post! I like when people actually know what they're talking about.. but I have to add to your argument that cotto has far superior foot and head movement.. that's why he was able to get in and out on floydie and bust him up.. canely is still too flat fooded for my liking.. and he's got decent head movement only cause he has not faced not only a sharp shooter but a fast one! I say the power will only work if it's "chavez/taylor" esque.. where chavez with head movent was able to get on the inside.. kind of what he did to his uncle roggie.. kid needs a great gameplan and stick to it, cause i'm sure Floyd will use a ton of foot work which tends to get fighters into desperate mode.. either way he wins..

Comment

this won't happen for many reason, the 1st 2 being discipline and consistency, both things Alvarez does not have...FM is not Trout, a good boxer, no punch w/many hand-picked opponents, ie: the times he fought in MX...

Comment

Working...
                      X