Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — How Much Credit Does Broner Deserve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Are you illiterate homie? I compared the Broner-paulie FIGHT to the Floyd-Cotto FIGHT. You know, where an underdog performs better than expected, but is soundly beaten by a disliked favorite. Therefore the favorite's haters cry robbery.
    Don't be mad bro, it was just a stupid comparison by a Boner lover.

Comment

I think Broner was pretty smart restraining himself from too much punching.
      He knew after a few rounds that it would go 12 and he did what he had to do.
      To his credit, Paulie never hurt him or even came close to, while Broner was chopping effective straights and hooks.
      If you try to be objective about Broner (which is hard) the fight didn't look very spectacular, but it was a clear win in his first 12 rounder at two weightclasses higher without getting hurt and he got the belt(!) His stamina was actually pretty good!
      He made his first piece of history and that is all what matters to Broner, win today, look good tomorrow.
      And in the future? I might be the only one who still likes the Gamboa fight
      Last edited by Boskop; 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

He gets credit for the W. He was supposed to win. It's good a lot of people are putting him into perspective though that he just isn't an ATG level talent. If he were to clean out WW i'd gladly eat crow but I highly doubt that especially once Lucas moves up. Even Devon Alexander gives him trouble.

Comment

Broner reminds me of Jimmie in the Movie the Ringer!

Comment

Broner got a gift. Simple as that... He was scared to open up against feather fisted paulie. He was outworked and maybe landed 5 good punches. He spent his whole time hiding behind his guard even though he was fighting paulie malignaggi. Paulie was definitely hurting him, if not why did broner just hide in his shell the whole fight? Hopefully he milks this gift. Imagine broner fighting someone that can actually punch. It will be even worse than Saturday Night.

Comment

Good Article, I think the Stevenson situation Insight,
              and the fact that he's Gunning Strong, in wanting the
              Action with Ward is worth a second look for Ya All, TOO!!!

Comment

Broner vs Cano or Maidana next

Comment

Working...
                X