No announcement yet.

Let's be honest here: The Showtime event last night was mediocre at best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's be honest here: The Showtime event last night was mediocre at best

1) the Periban vs. Bika fight shouldn't have been for a world title, because neither is a top 5 super middleweight. Periban wasn't highly regarded - it was set up so Bika could win a belt - but Periban put up more of a fight than was expected.

2) The Mitchell-Banks fight was one of the worst heavyweight fights I've seen in recent years. Banks appeared to be not really trying to win.

3) Malignaggi was a paper titleholder at 147, and is feather-fisted and was therefore chosen as a "safe" opponent for Broner. This was set up so Broner could win a belt at 147.

HBO has a MUCH better card coming up on Saturday:

Macklin-GGG (all-action fight)
    Oosthuizen-Gonzales (very even, competitive matchup)

I dunno Freedom, forget the belts, 2 out of the 3 fights were entertaining and that's why I watch boxing.

I didn't think the commentary on the Broner fight was cool though, they were pushing a product HBO-style.

GGG's fight looks good on paper and I know Oosthuizen but never heard of the Gonzales guy.

Comment

I must say, i enjoyed the first and third fight.

Mitchell-Banks was garbage. I don't know wtf was wrong with Banks, he was a joke last night.

Comment

It could have been better! The first fight was definitely the best out of the three! This was a cherry picked and safe fight for broner, most likely he will move back down in weight!

Comment

I'm glad Machine Gun is fighting in America again. I find him pretty entertaining.

Comment

The Mexican vs Bika was the best fight of the night, that speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.B View Post
              The Mexican vs Bika was the best fight of the night, that speaks volumes.
              Yes.

Because Paulie had no way of winning (he's feather-fisted and couldn't hurt Broner) the main event wasn't really exciting at all.

Comment

like Bika fight and the Main event the heavyweights stunk up the joint

Comment

On paper Showtime's card looked decent...

I thought the sakio bika fight was very entertaining, both guys came to win..

Mitchell-banks was suppose to be exciting and it was early, then banks just quit fighting, and let mitchell outwork him... Kind of a dud fight compared to the 1st one..

Pauli-broner was suppose to be a blowout, but pauli showed heart and will to win and almost pulled it out.... Fight was much better than expected....

All in all the card was decent.... Seen better, Seen worse...

Comment

Banks stop throwing punches WHY?

Comment

Working...
                    X