No announcement yet.

I lost all Respect I had for Jim Gray, and Showtime Crew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    If only all commentators were Larry Merchant..
    fuk larry, max kellerman is the best interviewer

Comment

Originally posted by dudeiknow View Post
      fuk larry, max kellerman is the best interviewer
      Merchant is the best homie not even debatable..

I rest my case..

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post

Look at how this ******* Gray, tried to make Paulie loke bad, and pretty much tellking him, to bend over and take it. Questions like, Are you going to bite the hand that feeds you?, Are you saying this fight was fixed? Thats how you want to go out?

I felt like if I was there, punch the mothafuka. Ofcourse Paulie counter back with a masterful answer.

In the end, Showtimes crew aint no better than HBO's crew. SMH!
        lol if u ever had any respect for that **** sucker u must not watch much showtime. Hes been a peice of **** since way way back

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Merchant is the best homie not even debatable..

I rest my case..
          Merchant was a straight G.

Comment

Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
            Grey never belonged in professional sports. I remember him always being unprofessional and rude toward his subjects. This opinion was formulated before the infamous Pete Rose incident. So when the Pete Rose incident happened live on television it shocked America, but not me. As i fully understood what this man was capable of. Bob Costas and even Joe Morgan (former Rose teammate) both who are outspoken stood quiet after their colleague's inquisition of Rose on national tv about Gambling while getting honored for the all century team. Thousands started to complain to NBC, compelling Grey to later offer a public 'bogus' apology.

James Toney would infamously throw the microphone on the floor when getting annoyed by Grey. Kostya Tszyu would tell Grey, "Don't be rude to me." Just a few weeks ago Grey would badger the Showtime translator for actually doing the job. The translator had the audacity to translate verbatim which personal shout outs to family and friends, of course, Grey couldn't wait and yelled "is he giving him a rematch!!! If he had just waited a few seconds than the translator would have got to that part.

Grey like Bob Costas are antagonistic sports journalist who fell to realize people watch sports for entertainment, if they want that rough and in your face style go cover politics.

Remember, Grey at one point was covering national sports, in the industry to be reduced to cover boxing(a sport frowned upon) is a step backwards. Nobody will ever put Grey back on the national spotlight.

Red K appreciated from Jim Grey nuthuggers.
            lol one time I was at a fight and my father started making fun of Jim Grey without realizing he was right behind him. Hilarious

Comment

I lost respect for them too. We got the same crap from hbo but worse. There no way Broner threw that many punches much less connect at the compubox percentage. The commentators were role playing. I thought I was watching wrestling. Commentators were trying to sell the little punches Broner landed. Yeah he landed the bigger punches but he didn't do what we all expected him to do. Not taking anything away from Paulie he demonstrated why his a 2 time world champion. This was a true disgrace for boxing. What else can we expect from Broner and Showtime? I guess what ever gets their ratings..

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Merchant was a straight G
                There's no question about it..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Outside of Paulie M,and tbh Al Bernstein who I did not feel hurt his rep yesterday..He said it like it was imo..He said that to say what Broner said was classless,and I loved that he did..Gray,while I understand what he was hinting at..He should have went about it in a better fashion..He did make the sport look a lil crazy in there..I really don't mind the HBO crew,outside of Jim Lamply who imo time is up..
                  wow so its ok for them to call out broner for being classless but its not ok to call out paulie? thats alot of boxing fans in a nutshell holding fighters they hate to different standards then the ones like which is ridiculous

Comment

lets not act like its not a big deal paulie said the judge was bought out by al haymon and as much as we hate the power some people have in boxing thats a bit much. he was implying that he only lost because al haymon gave that ny judge money even tho alot of people on press row had the same score that judge had. i mean come on people thats a way bigger deal then a joke about a girl lets be realistic here when other fighters have said things like that for instance juan ma you guys called him a sore loser and ridiculous you guys were all over him but when a fighter thats fighting broner says it its no big deal give me a break. ever since that bad decision in the bradley pac man fight every single good fight is a robbery it gets old not every win is a dam robbery whether u want the result to be or not broner won this fight. DEAL WITH IT!!!!!
                    Last edited by Cinci Champ; 06-23-2013, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Jim asked some very relavent questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X