Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner should have lost points

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me sick to see that he got away with that. He got a slap on the wrist for a foul which was life threatening!

Comment

Lol...I just saw Sagat's "Tiger Knee"..

Should have been a point off, it looked intentional.

WTF is going with Broner?

Comment

The shin to the balls should have lost him points.

Comment

he also threw a lot of kidney shots

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
            I agree, he did it twice, then it would have been a draw.

If they would have taken more that 1 point away for his fouls (which they could have) then Paulie would have won.
            I just hope that by this, you're not able to tell wether or not a fighter will continue to keep making fouls if already taken a point away, are you?

Comment

The kick / knee , the kidney shots, throwing a back-handed shot....it's crazy he wans't deducted any points. Not to surprising though, he's a protected fighter and the ref bottled it.

Comment

At the end of the day, regardless of the 117-111 score being well off, and Broner committing some fouls (in fairness, Paulie held a lot from time to time) the right guy got the decision, it was competitive and I take my hat off to Paulie, but Broner did enough to get the win and it wasn't a robbery in my eyes.

One thing that can be taken from the whole fight though is Broner isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is, and Paulie did MUCH better than expected (I was thinking about a week ago Paulie might be written off too clearly to be honest, he still exceeded expectations though) so he can hold his head high, I've always liked Paulie since the first Diaz fight, not afraid to speak his mind and seems to have a good objective opinion on most things.

One thing Paulie did do is show what makes Broner tick, he sort of laid down a blueprint to beat Broner whilst just coming up short himself. I think him and Ponce De Leon shown the way to beat Broner is to use plenty of side movement, you need to constantly move around the ring and then fight in bursts, basically move around the ring, get in range, flurry from body to head, get out and keep moving, and repeat. I see Broner struggling with a lot of the top guys at 140-147, unless he works on not being as stationary as he has been in his previous fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  At the end of the day, regardless of the 117-111 score being well off, and Broner committing some fouls (in fairness, Paulie held a lot from time to time) the right guy got the decision, it was competitive and I take my hat off to Paulie, but Broner did enough to get the win and it wasn't a robbery in my eyes.

One thing that can be taken from the whole fight though is Broner isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is, and Paulie did MUCH better than expected (I was thinking about a week ago Paulie might be written off too clearly to be honest, he still exceeded expectations though) so he can hold his head high, I've always liked Paulie since the first Diaz fight, not afraid to speak his mind and seems to have a good objective opinion on most things.

One thing Paulie did do is show what makes Broner tick, he sort of laid down a blueprint to beat Broner whilst just coming up short himself. I think him and Ponce De Leon shown the way to beat Broner is to use plenty of side movement, you need to constantly move around the ring and then fight in bursts, basically move around the ring, get in range, flurry from body to head, get out and keep moving, and repeat. I see Broner struggling with a lot of the top guys at 140-147, unless he works on not being as stationary as he has been in his previous fights.
                  Good post. The guy in your avatar easily outpoints Broner imo (assuming he fights smart).

Comment

Working...
                  X