No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Gets Split Nod Over Malignaggi To Win WBA Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
    I'm really disappointed with Broner after this one. He won, but not as convincingly as I thought he would.
    I was interested to hear your view. In retrospect I don't think Malignaggi was a good style match-up for him, Broner does better with opponents who come at him or at least stand in front of him. He still won tho, albeit at a cost to his stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      I don't see it. He doesn't get hit cleanly enough. Sure mathysse can best him, IMO. But he won't knock him out. Broner rarely gets hit clean by anything not a jab.
      WTF

did you watch the gavin rees fight, if that midget can land on him ANYBODY can

Comment

Just watched the fight
        Meet the new Andre Berto of Showtime LOL

Comment

That shin to the balls was so obviously intentional. What a ****ing scumbag. How the ref never took points off for anything Broner did...well I was going to say I don't understand but I do.

Broner won 8-4 or 7-5, pretty clearly.

Comment

Broner won this fight and he was in control…
            “Bonny Boy is Young (But Growing)”.

(I’m not even one of the Broner’s fans — and I don’t think he has any fans).

Comment

Originally posted by periks19 View Post
              Really a trout that beat cotto a true 154??? Im sorry did paulie had power such as trout for his division?? Was paul undereated? Was paul the taller man? Was paul knockdown etc etc. tell me one fighter ab has fought that has eauivalent power or more??? Thats right pdl and how did that turned out?

Now what test has Broner even taken?

Thank you now go to sleep is past your bedtime
              Dude, I dont give a damn about a Cotto or who this and that person has fought. I'm talking about the Trout/Canelo fight vs the Broner/Paulie fight. I'm saying both winners looked unimpressive but yet had lopsided scoring. You can even add to it that lame open scoring Canelo had to his advantage. I'm sorry to hurt your feelings so bad, didn't know you were into redheads.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                That shin to the balls was so obviously intentional. What a ****ing scumbag. How the ref never took points off for anything Broner did...well I was going to say I don't understand but I do.

Broner won 8-4 or 7-5, pretty clearly.
                When you watch the replay you can actually see the reason that Broners leg went up is because Paulie lifted it trying to take him down.

Comment

I thought Paulie won, but it is a matter of how you score a fight.

If you think Broner won CLEARLY, you've scored the fight by scoring very few clean shots against a volume of less powerful shots landing. You need to justify that, but some people do take that view. A lot of Paulies shots were blocked, but quite a few landed.

Either way, I feel bad for Broner. I feel his career can only go downhill for here on, unless he goes back to 135 where fighters there are clearly much smaller than him and his power can actually hurt them

Comment

Wasn't impressed by either fighter. The 117 - 111 for Broner was bad, but so was the 115 - 113 for Malignaggi. Broner controlled the action and laned more punches barely. Paulie threw more punches. Either way not impressed. Broner was funny but classless in his victory and Paulie was just as classless in defeat. Looks like Paulie might have James Kirkland'd his relationship with Golden Boy in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      I thought Paulie won, but it is a matter of how you score a fight.

If you think Broner won CLEARLY, you've scored the fight by scoring very few clean shots against a volume of less powerful shots landing. You need to justify that, but some people do take that view. A lot of Paulies shots were blocked, but quite a few landed.

Either way, I feel bad for Broner. I feel his career can only go downhill for here on, unless he goes back to 135 where fighters there are clearly much smaller than him and his power can actually hurt them
                      If you look at the punches Paulie threw to the body, Broner blocked a majority of those shots with his arms. He also picked alot of the ones Paulie threw to his chest. Quite a bit got through to the head of Broner but it wasn't as dramatic as when he hit Paulie. I would imagine if you were a judge or in the audience in the arena it would be hard to score this fight. But watching it on TV you can see the difference in the effect of each fighters' connections.

Comment

Working...
                      X