Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulev Update: Chagaev turned the eliminator down. Next on the list Bryant Jennings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
    I thought Fury was going to fight Kubrat? What hapend there?
    He was until he remembered that he got knocked down by a cruiser

Comment

IBF should just make Kubrat Vald's mandatory. Vlad won't duck him. And finally some watchable Klichko fights, Povetkin then Kubrat.

Comment

Kubrat Pulev is one of the most avoided fighters in the sport.

A win over Pulev would have made Adamek, Fury, or Jennings the IBF mandatory, which means a big payday against Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by Regeza View Post
          I thought Fury was going to fight Kubrat? What hapend there?
          Tyson Fury ducked him. Fury is just an over-protected big-mouthed jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
            Kubrat Pulev is one of the most avoided fighters in the sport.

A win over Pulev would have made Adamek, Fury, or Jennings the IBF mandatory, which means a big payday against Wlad.
            Mannn.... I remember when Adamek turned him down and when Tyson was mouthing off how he was going to fight him and what do you know....
            hopefully Jennings signs on and shows him what balls look like

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
              Tyson Fury ducked him. Fury is just an over-protected big-mouthed jackass.
              I know that. My original post was more of a dig at the club fighter.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SauerlandBros

Kalle+NisseSauerland ‏@SauerlandBros 4m
                Pulev won the semi final eliminator against Ustinov last September. Under the rules of the IBF he cannot fight before the final eliminator.
                Why did they declare Tony Thompson the mandatory when Eddie Chambers backed out of the final?

Comment

I reckon Pulev has taken Golovkin's title as the most avoided man in boxing.

Damn those HW contenders. They are a bunch of poohssies just waiting around for a klitshot instead of preparing themselves with wins over other contenders.

Comment

The IBF should've just given Pulev the mandatory ranking after entering into genuine negotiations with 2-3 different contenders...

I suspect that the reason the other fighters rejected a mandatory shot against Pulev is because a fighter doesn't need to fight an opponent as dangerous as Pulev to get a shot at Wlad (3 of his last 4 opponents haven't had to).

Pulev-Jennings is a going to be an excellent fight though. Whoever wins is going to be Wlad's best opponent since Haye.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
                      The IBF should've just given Pulev the mandatory ranking after entering into genuine negotiations with 2-3 different contenders...

I suspect that the reason the other fighters rejected a mandatory shot against Pulev is because a fighter doesn't need to fight an opponent as dangerous as Pulev to get a shot at Wlad (3 of his last 4 opponents haven't had to).

Pulev-Jennings is a going to be an excellent fight though. Whoever wins is going to be Wlad's best opponent since Haye.
                      Depending on how Povetkin does.

Comment

Working...
                      X