Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more talented/skilled,Mayweather Jr or Rigondeaux ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo is better

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      but rigo beating nonito was as much about nonito's lack of skill as it wasd rigo's boxing. nonito not being able to deal with movement doesn't make rigo more skilled than floyd.
      Yeah, yeah right, when Rigo - Donaire was announced 90% people on here were talking "Rigo gonna die", blah, blah. Now after Rigo completely outboxed and fooled him, everybody say Donaire wasn't that good to begin with.

Rigondeaux is the purest boxer in the world, and prime 4 prime he is the better and more skilled fighter, just deal with it.

For some people saying that Floyd isn't the best, most skilled fighter is like a blasphemy. It's like when people thought that the Earth is flat and thinking otherwise is complete foolish.

Floyd is great. Rigondeaux is greater

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        Yeah, yeah right, when Rigo - Donaire was announced 90% people on here were talking "Rigo gonna die", blah, blah. Now after Rigo completely outboxed and fooled him, everybody say Donaire wasn't that good to begin with.

Rigondeaux is the purest boxer in the world, and prime 4 prime he is the better and more skilled fighter, just deal with it.

For some people saying that Floyd isn't the best, most skilled fighter is like a blasphemy. It's like when people thought that the Earth is flat and thinking otherwise is complete foolish.

Floyd is great. Rigondeaux is greater
        You are deluded. Mayweather is probably the most hated fighter on earth and is still winning the poll. I for one was saying Rigo would outbox Donaire before the fight but I still don't think he's anywhere near as good as Floyd. I knew Donaire only had a small punchers chance. So far Rigondeaux has shown himself to be a one dimensional and largely one handed fighter who would be nowhere near as good if he wasn't a southpaw. Deal with it.

Comment

Rigo is the best amateur of all time. I think that should count for something. His best years/prime were spent there. I can't imagine how amazing he was in his mid-20s.

Floyd has the pedigree and championships. Rigo is working his way there.

As far as raw talent goes, I'd probably go with Rigo. Floyd has had more time to refine his game at the pro level. So it's a bit unfair to compare them as pros. Still, I'd give Rigo the nod just based on talent/skills that I've seen. I'm not disputing that Floyd is better overall (even now), but Rigo has had a different career path.

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
            Rigo is the best amateur of all time. I think that should count for something. His best years/prime were spent there. I can't imagine how amazing he was in his mid-20s.

Floyd has the pedigree and championships. Rigo is working his way there.

As far as raw talent goes, I'd probably go with Rigo. Floyd has had more time to refine his game at the pro level. So it's a bit unfair to compare them as pros. Still, I'd give Rigo the nod just based on talent/skills that I've seen. I'm not disputing that Floyd is better overall (even now), but Rigo has had a different career path.
            You say that as if it's undisputable lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
              You say that as if it's undisputable lmao.
              Not really. It's all just my opinion (and of many others). Like any ranking/p4p, it's all mythological. Clearly, he couldn't literally be the BEST OF ALL TIME.

All in all, good job responding to my post.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
                You are deluded. Mayweather is probably the most hated fighter on earth and is still winning the poll. I for one was saying Rigo would outbox Donaire before the fight but I still don't think he's anywhere near as good as Floyd. I knew Donaire only had a small punchers chance. So far Rigondeaux has shown himself to be a one dimensional and largely one handed fighter who would be nowhere near as good if he wasn't a southpaw. Deal with it.
                Actually you're deluded, aside from being arugably the greatest amateur of all time, Rigo is TOP 10 pfp boxer after his 12th fight. Like I said Rigo prime 4 prime has superior speed, defence, accuracy, power, timing, he is the better counter puncher. Deal with it

Oh, and you saying that Rigo wouldn't be as good if he wasn't a suothpaw is just another proof of how delusional and ignorant you are: If Ali wasn't fast, if Klitschko/Hearns weren't tall, if Tyson wasn't powerful...

Comment

Rigo is and its really not even close

Rigo is much more active with the jab and doesn't have to hold when a opponent throws and gets inclose. This is much better because when your holding your getting hit ala Guerrerro and Cotto. Rigo's footwork is like a trackstar. Floyds like a ballerina.

P4P

Speed -Rigo
                  Footwork - Rigo
                  Power - Rigo
                  Defense - Rigo

And when it comes to resume, Donaire is better than anything Floyd's ever done. Even tho that was a much closer fight than HBO had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichee
                    Nonito been overrated since they put him on the P4P list, I'm surprise that 90% of people here will even think Nonito was going to beat Rigondeaux. I knew Rigo was going to master class box the **** out of Nonito and people was going to make excuses. It's a shame how much people can not recognize superior skill.

Now your analogy of the people believing the world was flat when there was proof that the world was round, yet being stubborn in their belief is ironic for you to say. Rigondeaux skills compared to Floyd is basically an Earth that is flat trying to match with a spherical Earth, Floyd's whole boxing career is documented on film where he displays superiority in all fields of the pugilistic sport. Rigondeaux power seems to edge Floyd but Floyd in the lower weight divisions was considered a K.O artist by all experts in his early career. Also he was already on P4P list when he was 22 and now he is 36 without ever being dominated.

Rigondeaux is a master class boxer but he doesn't have anything else to compliment his outside fighting and depends a lot on straight punches. His defense, chin and awareness is not as spectacular as Floyd which is why he was knocked on his backside several times already by his 12th fight. If we compare both fighters last fight right now, you will see Floyd boxing was superior and he didn't even get touched by anything flush or damaging and his movement was just superior. Rigondeaux got knocked on his butt in the 10th round because he don't know how to tie his opponent arms up and tuck his chin.

Rigondeaux is a master boxer but Floyd is a superior boxer and have mastery over all attributes of fighting. People think Rigondeaux is better than Floyd because he beat Donaire I don't see why..
                    ^This. Rigondeaux has been on his ass multiple times after 12 fights whereas Mayweather has been down (although it wasn't scored) legitimately just once in over 40 fights against Judah and it was a flash knockdown in which he was off balance. Only his glove touched the canvas and he wasn't hurt. This is despite the fact that Mayweather has fought in more weight classes against generally better opposition (Rig's only fought 1 top fighter) and throughout his career he's fought less cautiously than Rigondeaux, throwing more punches even at a higher weight class and at 36.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                      Actually you're deluded, aside from being arugably the greatest amateur of all time, Rigo is TOP 10 pfp boxer after his 12th fight. Like I said Rigo prime 4 prime has superior speed, defence, accuracy, power, timing, he is the better counter puncher. Deal with it

Oh, and you saying that Rigo wouldn't be as good if he wasn't a suothpaw is just another proof of how delusional and ignorant you are: If Ali wasn't fast, if Klitschko/Hearns weren't tall, if Tyson wasn't powerful...
                      This is just a matter of you saying Rigondeaux is better in these aspects and me saying the opposite. There is thus no way to resolve the debate as its all subjective. We therefore must look at objective facts. Rigondeaux has had just 12 fights only one of which was against decent opposition. Due to his ridiculously inactive style he had trouble with Cordoba and was taken to a split decision (it should have been unanimous in favour of Rigondeaux but he still looked **** because he's totally inactive). He's been on his ass more than once. Mayweather has had his glove hit the canvas once against Judah but he's never been on his has, despite being a less cautious fighter than Rigo, fighting in weight classes where knock outs are more likely, fighting the generally better opposition and having 4x as many fights, without the benefit of starting his pro-career with 400 amateur fights. Rigo is only a top 10 pfp boxer after his 12th fight because the guy is ****ing 32 lmao and had 400 amateur fights so it's not as impressive as you make it sound. It's nothing to do with talent that he got this after 12 fights it's age and experience.

Also, the southpaw statement isn't comparable to the ones you made. Being a southpaw isn't a talent, which is what this debate is about.

Comment

Working...
                      X