Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's more talented/skilled,Mayweather Jr or Rigondeaux ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't really pick between the two. Rigo just dominated a guy some people thought was the best fighter out of the Phillipines and a TOP p4p fighter.

Floyd has been doing it for years but hasnt fought a Donaire type/caliber fighter in... Lets leave that alone. He has a good fight coming up.

Skill wise it seems like a toss up. Both their defenses are crazy..their timing doesnt even seem fair with their speed. Their accuracy? Both seem to literally land at will. Rigo's chin seemed shaky...then he fought Donaire and tanked everything...

Both these guys seem like geniuses in the ring and aside from all their physical attributes its their composure that impresses me more (especially Floyd). The only other semi recent guy who would be in the picture skill wise would have been Ivan Calderon for me. There's some fine boxers in the game but those three just have that beautiful looking boxing from recen years.

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      Floyd is a lot lot better. There is so much overrating Rigo it's unbelievable. Rigo still has an amateur style and has displayed no versatility. Yes it works and is great but he hasn't got the versatility of Floyd (or hasn't show it) and benefits hugely from being a southpaw. The only thing I give him over Floyd is power. Rigondeaux has beat 1 good fighter so hasn't proven he's anywhere near as talented as Floyd in the pro game.
      I hardly think damn near pitching a shut-out against Donaire could constitute being overrated. Nonito Donaire is load. I agree he's nowhere as talented as Floyd but, he's going to be great. It's a shame so many dedicate their lives to bashing Floyd on this board. When he's gone you'll realize that you saw something special that comes along once in a lifetime. Then again, they hated Ali too.....smh

Comment

Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
        Sorry but you seriously don't know **** about boxing. By far the best fighter you have EVER seen? LMAO.

Rigondeaux, yes RIGONDEAUX, takes more risks than Floyd? ******est **** I've ever heard. Never in history has a fighter in Rigondeaux's weight division threw so few punches. Rigondeaux has never taken a risk.

LOL I couldn't agree with you more. I seriously doubt he went to the fight. If he did he couldn't possibly have known which fighter was which. Probably tagged along as a third leg and not a REAL fan of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
          GTFO, Rigo has superior footwork, speed, accuracy, timing. He's even the better defensive fighter than Floyd.
          Seriously mate ? They should forget about free speech and require an examination of some sort in order to post. Floyd wrote the book in this era. You are sounding like an imbecile here mate. Ask ANY expert, trainer, analyst or reporter this same question and they'll all tell you Floyd. Rigo may be the next carrier of the mantle but right now it's still Floyd. better defensive fighter than Floyd...GTFOH

Comment

Both are highly skilled but different. Rigondeaux displays superior footwork than the modern day Mayweather. Mayweather is vastly superior in the pocket. I rate Rigondeaux's left over Mayweather's right but Mayweather's jab and left hook over Rigondeaux's jab and right hook.

Comment

Floyd is the best boxer in the world bar none, Guillermo is very talented as well but he isn't in Floyd's league. I get the sense that if the right fighter pops Rigondeaux on the sweet spot, he's going to go right to sleep. He's one of my favorites but his chin is suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by supremelygifted View Post
                Seriously mate ? They should forget about free speech and require an examination of some sort in order to post. Floyd wrote the book in this era. You are sounding like an imbecile here mate. Ask ANY expert, trainer, analyst or reporter this same question and they'll all tell you Floyd. Rigo may be the next carrier of the mantle but right now it's still Floyd. better defensive fighter than Floyd...GTFOH
                Firstable I'm not your "mate". Secondable yes I do think that Rigondeaux is the better defensive fighter, he has superior speed and footwork, he doesn't throw unnecesary punches. Guy's like a surgeon, cold, precise and accurate. And he is more skilled than Floyd
                Last edited by Szef; 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  Yeah, yeah right, when Rigo - Donaire was announced 90% people on here were talking "Rigo gonna die", blah, blah. Now after Rigo completely outboxed and fooled him, everybody say Donaire wasn't that good to begin with.

Rigondeaux is the purest boxer in the world, and prime 4 prime he is the better and more skilled fighter, just deal with it.

For some people saying that Floyd isn't the best, most skilled fighter is like a blasphemy. It's like when people thought that the Earth is flat and thinking otherwise is complete foolish.

Floyd is great. Rigondeaux is greater
                  Not even. The polls may have slightly favored Donaire, but a ton of people thought if Donaire didn't get the KO he was gonna have a long night. That one wasn't too hard to predict because of Donaire's reliance on the left hook and the knowledge that great defensive fighters know how to remove the opponents best tools.

Comment

Lets switch the fighters just for arguments sake:

does any other poster think the TS would ask this question if floyd was 12-0 and had beaten Nonito and Rigo was 44-0 and was regarded as the best p4p fighter and one of the most skilled fighters in history?

Comment

Prime Floyd is better IMO. Today's Floyd I would give the slight edge to Rigon, by that I mean I can see older Floyd being easier to beat than Rigon.

Prime for Prime in a fight I'd favor Floyd

Today I'd favor Rigon. (If they were the same size of course)

Comment

Working...
                      X