Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a professional fighter, would you bring an entourage everytime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a professional fighter, would you bring an entourage everytime?

Meaning the extra useless bodies people like Pacquiao, Mayweather etc bring to the ring and the gym everytime fight night comes.

I personally think it's stupid. If it were me I'd bring my team who ? helped me through camp and maybe a few family members that's about it. Not guys who are there for the attention and leeching for 15 minutes of fame. "I carry Floyd's belt yo ask bout me". They can pose a distraction and even be annoying. No need for them but to show off..

what do you guys think? stupid or not ?

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
    Meaning the extra useless bodies people like Pacquiao, Mayweather etc bring to the ring and the gym everytime fight night comes.

I personally think it's stupid. If it were me I'd bring my team who ? helped me through camp and maybe a few family members that's about it. Not guys who are there for the attention and leeching for 15 minutes of fame. "I carry Floyd's belt yo ask bout me". They can pose a distraction and even be annoying. No need for them but to show off..

what do you guys think? stupid or not ?
    I think the entourage is not something you decide really. Those guys come from everywhere once you are successful. Same with women: once there is money and success, women will be there. And they know exactly what to do so you won't tell them to get lost. Those people in the entourage of Floyd know exactly how to act so Floyd will keep them around. Right now you might believe it wouldn't happen to you but I am pretty sure that those guys are too good at what they do that you would be able to get rid of them. Ray Leonard, Ali, Pryor, Floyd etc, they all had big entourages.

Comment

most of Floyd's people are legitimate friends or family. You can call them leeches but they are leeches who are mostly always there, even in the gym so its not like they just show up on fight night unless you are talking about guys like lil Wayne or Bieber.

If you watch things like Showtime's All Access after the fight, you will see that he had a ton of people over his house watching the fight but hardly any of them came to the ring. Everyone I see walking with him to the ring are always at the gym

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        most of Floyd's people are legitimate friends or family. You can call them leeches but they are leeches who are mostly always there, even in the gym so its not like they just show up on fight night unless you are talking about guys like lil Wayne or Bieber.

If you watch things like Showtime's All Access after the fight, you will see that he had a ton of people over his house watching the fight but hardly any of them came to the ring. Everyone I see walking with him to the ring are always at the gym
        I know. There's some that do come cause their legit friends or family, but I honestly think some are just their cause they kiss ass. And what the other poster said when you get famous people like that are bound to come. But idk it i guess it depends on the person and their outlook on things. I wouldn't. even if i got my ass kissed all the time. No need for that imo. But hey to each their own right.

Comment

My trainer,
          My assistant trainer/nutritionist
          Cutman
          Manager
          Promoter

Those would be the only people I took to fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
            I know. There's some that do come cause their legit friends or family, but I honestly think some are just their cause they kiss ass. And what the other poster said when you get famous people like that are bound to come. But idk it i guess it depends on the person and their outlook on things. I wouldn't. even if i got my ass kissed all the time. No need for that imo. But hey to each their own right.
            Usually the guys outside the mayweather club are the kiss asses, they ride Floyd's nuts harder than anyone else in the entourage, I guess to really play their role convincing so they'll keep Floyd happy and not loose their cushy paydays

Comment

if it was only me no, but i know the difficulties and would probably also give in at the end but will try to make it at manageable level...

pac's entourage is just crazy...

Comment

Working...
              X