Can Canelo carry boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zou Shiming is gonna carry the sport

Comment

One man can't carry the sport however if he beats Floyd and puts on a good performance against Lara, he may get more recognition

Comment

Nah unless he avoids Lara, Kirkland and waits for Sergio to be shot.

GGG, Mattysse, Mikey Garcia, Wilder, Jennings, Fury, Stevenson will be carrying boxing. Espe I ally Stevenson if he can knock out Ward

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
          Nah unless he avoids Lara, Kirkland and waits for Sergio to be shot.

GGG, Mattysse, Mikey Garcia, Wilder, Jennings, Fury, Stevenson will be carrying boxing. Espe I ally Stevenson if he can knock out Ward

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Deontay is the only 1 I see capable of carrying the sport from that list. Fury is a hypejob about to be exposed by haye, GGG is a beast but will be avoided forever, Stevenson will not beat Hopkins, Matthysse is in danger of being crippled by Danny.

Comment

Yes......... Carry it into a rubbish dump that is. Broner will lose soon enough, Bradley is boring, Lucas just doesn't have that x factor and his opposition doesn't look that exciting either. Boxing desperately needs a superstar in the next 2 years..... I hope Terence Crawford comes through.

Comment

Carry boxing?? If Boxing was only the super WW division i could understand this, but there are a lot and even more entertaining and watchable fighters across the divisions.

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
              Zou Shiming is gonna carry the sport

Comment

of course he can, at 22 and already selling out arenas i belive 40k people showed up to see him vs trout not sure. Hes also workin on his english so i see nothing but good things for this kid.

Comment

I don't think so. I just don't think he has the charisma and back story for it but I don't know he's going into a mega a fight and we'll learn alot about him because of it. But I still don't see it.

They should have let this marinate another fight or two I think.

Plus the division he's in isn't very exciting to casuals it seems I mean to us hard core boxing fans yeah but to others not really I mean they have
                  Trout-not overly exciting plus he already beat him

Cotto-on the down slide comming of two losses

Ortiz if he moves up plus he's a mental midget could have fireworks tho but comming off two losses and a long layoff

K9- he'll be out before too long and cotto will Prbly end him I'm sure he's got enough left.

Angulo- bad eye injury could end his career plus he "quit" (I understand why he did) but casuals might not see it that way.

Lara who isn't the most exciting but showed he's got heart but it seems unless you show him adversity he won't really put it in high gear

If Berto moves up he could make a exciting fight with cotto
                  I forgot ishe smith but I mean who cares so there's nothing really there for him except lots of people with losses or people that have never been heard of or on the down slide only 3 fights I see there that are interesting are the Ortiz Berto and cotto fights and he'll Prbly win those so who knows. After that divisions dead he has to move up. And if he losses to Floyd and I think he will then that won't help either. Plus the language barrier he needa something to keep people always talking about him as for now he's really just relavent because people wanna see him fight Floyd after that who knows.

Comment

He better learn how to speak English as good or better than Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by JaYDeuce11 View Post
                      Dang! Time goes by fast man. Mayweather and Pacquiao on their way out as the last PPV big # guys. Both had their "IN" with the De La Hoya fight to the mainstream (USA culture) as household common names.

Canelo is going to get his "in" vs Mayweather BUT...I'm afraid his background / personality isn't unique. Like Mayweather has his ****y/undefeated attitude and talk a big game, while Manny was the first Filipino to become a big-time athlete with the whole country depending on him to win.

Canelo needs some sort of unique story about him...AND also needs to learn English lmao (if he wants to make big bucks in USA)

I heard he's a nice kid. I guess that's something that's going for him - similar to Pacquiao's nice-guy attitude.

Comment

Working...
                      X