No announcement yet.

Would Pacquaio beat Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Marquez has had the most success and he didn't do it by cutting off the ring. He did it by playing the waiting game, forcing Pacquiao to take the initiative and countering in the middle of the ring. Not only countering but punching with Pacquiao at times. That's the same style Canelo operates under, the difference here is that while Canelo doesn't counter as effectively as Marquez, he does have a much better punch, h also has a stiff jab as well.
    It isn't the same style Canelo operates under, Marquez and Canelo are not the same, just because they both counter-punch you are putting them in the same boat. Canelo does not have the stamina to do what Marquez does, nor is he as accurate or as calm under pressure as Marquez is after 4 fights. Trout put Canelo against the ropes, I'm pretty sure Pacquaio could do it and make him shell up much easier.

It's fine to 'try' and think because Marquez has had success vs Pacquaio all people who can counter-punch will... but that just isn't how it works. In terms of outboxing, Marquez clearly in the first fight outboxed Pacquaio, although got knocked down 3 times in the process. The other two fights aren't as clear cut, where as the last fight it's quite clear Pacquaio was the one outboxing Marquez, although I'd love to see someone argue different. (Ignore the KO)
    Last edited by T18Z; 06-13-2013, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Pac would be put in a permanent coma. Stupid thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Yes, but RECENTLY who has Pacquiao beat better skilled than Canelo??

Canelo easily would Ko Bradley, already beat a better version of Shane Mosley.
        Would beat Margarito, and Cotto.

Marquez already admitted he is too small for 154, so might as well leave Marquez out of it.

In the end, Pac gets stopped by Canelo, no other way around it.
        You see how hard Ruslan hit Bradley and he didn't get TKO'd... man stop over-hyping Canelo he ain't fought **** except trout and mosley.

I don't even like Mayweather but I know for damn sure he's gonna UD this guy and put him in his place..
        Last edited by T18Z; 06-13-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
          It isn't the same style Canelo operates under, Marquez and Canelo are not the same, just because they both counter-punch you are putting them in the same boat. Canelo does not have the stamina to do what Marquez does, nor is he as accurate or as calm under pressure as Marquez is after 4 fights. Trout put Canelo against the ropes, I'm pretty sure Pacquaio could do it and make him shell up much easier.

It's fine to 'try' and think because Marquez has had success vs Pacquaio all people who can counter-punch will... but that just isn't how it works. In terms of outboxing Marquez in the first fight outboxed him the clearest I'd ever seen... and got knocked down 3 times in the process. The 3rd fight I wouldn't say he did, the 2nd fight potentially... but the 4th fight Pacquaio out boxed Marquez, and that's something which I'd love to see someone argue against.
          That's the worse Marquez has ever looked despite winning impressively, while Pacquiao on the other hand looked like vintage Manny. Only issue was, Pacquiao wasn't smart enough to know Marquez had slowed, and as oppose to taking his time he decided that he was gonna force the issue. If there was any time where Pacquiao looked more certain of victory against Marquez, it was the 4th fight, I'm sure it's haunted him.

Canelo is predominantly a counter puncher, he likes to stand in the middle of the ring and and mix up his attack, that's how he usually starts off, then he slowly but surly breaks his opponents down with pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichee
            Marquez was calm since the first fight while getting knocked down three times and then perfectly outboxed pacquiao in the subsequent rounds. Marquez was in my opinion robbed in the next two fights, the second fight was close but it was not in Pacquiao favor. Fourth fight Pacquiao was outboxing Marquez but Marquez outsmarted him, and put his lights out with the checkmate.

Canelo can beat Pacquiao with timing and using his size by fighting taller and not trying to bang with him, but hitting him measured power. Pacquiao do not like getting hit to the body, something which Marquez showed in the 4th fight which helped him produce the first knockdown and made Pacquiao fight more aggressively, stop moving his head and to go in to a shot upstairs.
            Lets move away from the topic of Marquez and Pac and robberies, we'll agree to disagree.

That's the worse Marquez has ever looked despite winning impressively, while Pacquiao on the other hand looked like vintage Manny. Only issue was, Pacquiao wasn't smart enough to know Marquez had slowed, and as oppose to taking his time he decided that he was gonna force the issue. If there was any time where Pacquiao looked more certain of victory against Marquez, it was the 4th fight, I'm sure it's haunted him.

Canelo is predominantly a counter puncher, he likes to stand in the middle of the ring and and mix up his attack, that's how he usually starts off, then he slowly but surly breaks his opponents down with pressure.
            I agree, the problem is I have never see Pacquaio respond badly to sheer pressure or his opponent attacking frequently, and I just don't think Canelo would be any different. I honestly think after 6 rounds Canelos power is gone with his stamina, and he becomes a punching bag who will attempt to throw counters in a ratio of like 1 counter punch to every 3 of Pacquaios. Unless Canelo pulls something out of the bag early I can't see him lasting the distance or having the ability to outbox later on... I class Pacquaio as a much better fighter than Trout mind you.
            Last edited by T18Z; 06-13-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
              Yes, but RECENTLY who has Pacquiao beat better skilled than Canelo??

Canelo easily would Ko Bradley, already beat a better version of Shane Mosley.
              Would beat Margarito, and Cotto.

Marquez already admitted he is too small for 154, so might as well leave Marquez out of it.

In the end, Pac gets stopped by Canelo, no other way around it.
              you didn't say recently. nor specified size.

you asked who pac has fought better skilled than canelo.

i answered.

Comment

Lets move away from the topic of Marquez and Pac and robberies, we'll agree to disagree.

I agree, the problem is I have never see Pacquaio respond badly to sheer pressure or his opponent attacking frequently, and I just don't think Canelo would be any different. I honestly think after 6 rounds Canelos power is gone with his stamina, and he becomes a punching bag who will attempt to throw counters in a ratio of like 1 counter punch to every 3 of Pacquaios. Unless Canelo pulls something out of the bag early I can't see him lasting the distance or having the ability to outbox later on... I class Pacquaio as a much better fighter than Trout mind you.
                Your letting his performance against Trout cloud your judgement. Canelo had to look for Trout, much like Cotto did where as, while Pacquiao isn't as easy to find as most want to believe, he's always had a bad tendency of lunging in. Pacquiao can get away with that against foes in or around his size but Canelo is much too big and skilled for that, he'll eventually run into something. Canelo isn't slow, he has good technique, coordination which adds to his speed and Pacquiao will get hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichee
                  Chavez Jr. is a bonafide bum, he is just big af.
                  chavez ain't a bum.

he's just not a flashy technician.

he's a tough kid who is strong and knows how to use his size.

ppl just give him crap because of his name and how top rank babied him (same as how gbp babied canelo)

Comment

You see how hard Ruslan hit Bradley and he didn't get TKO'd... man stop over-hyping Canelo he ain't fought **** except trout and mosley.

I don't even like Mayweather but I know for damn sure he's gonna UD this guy and put him in his place..
                    O I agree with Mayweather beats him easy, but styles make fights.

Can Mayweather beat Canelo? Yes
                    Can Pacquiao beat Canelo? No

Comment

Canelo is too big.

Comment

Working...
                      X