Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody had a more entertaining career than Miguel Cotto in the last 10years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's still a dummy for not taking the PAC rematch for the $$$$. I don't care if he win, lose, or draw, you just don't give that kind of money away.

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
      The Clottey fight wasnt great. Take the 40 mill and give the fans what they want. He will never see 40 mill for a fight, ever. What about the choice of Rios over Alvarado?
      Rios makes more sense for Pacquiao than Alvarado.

Pacquiao hasn't looked that good in recent performances. He's coming off of one of the most brutal knockout losses we've seen in recent years. Putting him in there with a guy like Rios (who is guaranteed to come forward and make it a fight) is a nice way of rebuilding his (likely) shattered confidence after such a brutal knockout.

Boxers and promoters do this **** all the time after a guy is KO'd. You give him a soft touch with a style that he favors to rebuild his confidence, then you put him back in bigger fights.

Why should Pacquiao be held to a higher standard than everybody else?

Comment

Cotto was the one fighter that never dodged anybody...
        He fought prime: corley, torres, pinto, paulie, zab, shane, floyd, margs, manny, clottey, trout..

Dude took on all comers and is one of my faves....

got nothing but love for miguel, even thought i wish he would go back to 147 and fight ghost, broner, alexander, ortiz, thurman, maidana

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Rios makes more sense for Pacquiao than Alvarado.

Pacquiao hasn't looked that good in recent performances. He's coming off of one of the most brutal knockout losses we've seen in recent years. Putting him in there with a guy like Rios (who is guaranteed to come forward and make it a fight) is a nice way of rebuilding his (likely) shattered confidence after such a brutal knockout.

Boxers and promoters do this **** all the time after a guy is KO'd. You give him a soft touch with a style that he favors to rebuild his confidence, then you put him back in bigger fights.

Why should Pacquiao be held to a higher standard than everybody else?
          Saying manny has looked bad is not accurate.. He clearly outboxed bradley and was robbed, and then he was beating marquez and got caught coming in.....In the jmm4 fight i thought manny looked great except for the moments where he got caught sleeping in the third and the last 2 seconds of the 6th....
          I do agree with you that rios is a great opponent for manny,, terrific action fight..........

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Saying manny has looked bad is not accurate.. He clearly outboxed bradley and was robbed, and then he was beating marquez and got caught coming in.....In the jmm4 fight i thought manny looked great except for the moments where he got caught sleeping in the third and the last 2 seconds of the 6th....
            I do agree with you that rios is a great opponent for manny,, terrific action fight..........
            I didn't say he looked shot or anything, either. His legs have definitely looked worse for wear, though. Which is par for the course for a fighter with a style like his. He's still infinitely better than most welterweights out there not named Mayweather, though.

People will embrace him again after Rios. Especially after he announces a top fighter as his next opponet.

I'd love to see him fight Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              I didn't say he looked shot or anything, either. His legs have definitely looked worse for wear, though. Which is par for the course for a fighter with a style like his. He's still infinitely better than most welterweights out there not named Mayweather, though.

People will embrace him again after Rios. Especially after he announces a top fighter as his next opponet.

I'd love to see him fight Maidana.
              Maidana is with GBP....maybe Provodnikov would be next.

Comment

Nope, Cotto's career has been great and it's sad that's coming to end.

Comment

I hope manny is ok after the ko from jmm.

reminds me of when roy jones got ko'd by his rival tarver..

Rios could be manny's glen johnson

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Maidana is with GBP....maybe Provodnikov would be next.
                    Yeah, I know about Maidana being with GBP. Still, I'd love to see that one. Same way I'd love to see Rigondeaux/Mares.

Provodnikov would be an excellent action fight, as well. People would probably slag him off for picking a "loser" though, since Bradley won that fight.

Comment

he was my number 1 favorite fighter back when he was on top for that very reason. skills + vulnerability = an exciting fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X