Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Seth Mitchell Putting in Work For Banks Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Seth Mitchell Putting in Work For Banks Rematch

Seth Mitchell (25-1-1, 19KOs) is putting in hard work for his heavyweight rematch with Johnathon Banks (29-1-1, 19KOs), which is scheduled for June 22nd at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. Last November, Banks knocked out Mitchell in the second round after dropping him three times. Photos by Hoganphotos. [Click Here To Read More]

So after Mitchell loses to Banks again can we get Mitchell vs Arreola? It would be the best action fight the heavyweight division has seen in many years

Comment

I'll take a guess that after Mitchell get's k.o'd on his ass in this rematch he'll announce his retirement.

Comment

You can train your muscles, but you can't train your chin.

Banks is no puncher and was hurting Mitchell with pretty tame shots. Even if Mitchell beats Banks (and he could well KO him him, he was hurting Banks in the 1st fight) he'll come unstuck against any heavyweight with a bit of pop who doesn't fold in the 1st few rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by charlieg View Post
          You can train your muscles, but you can't train your chin.

Banks is no puncher and was hurting Mitchell with pretty tame shots. Even if Mitchell beats Banks (and he could well KO him him, he was hurting Banks in the 1st fight) he'll come unstuck against any heavyweight with a bit of pop who doesn't fold in the 1st few rounds.
          It's not just the chin, it's a lack of a jab and no head movement. He just comes straight forward to land big shots. He is too one dimensional. If they can work on a stiff jab and head movement he will go much farther.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
            So after Mitchell loses to Banks again can we get Mitchell vs Arreola? It would be the best action fight the heavyweight division has seen in many years
            Not a bad comeback fight for arreola. I'd watch

Comment

Ishe Smith put on a few pounds

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
                While I agree it would be a great action fight, I only see it lasting one maybe two rounds. While I like Mitchell, I agree with most of the posts on this thread that he doesn't have that great of a chin and with his lack of experience in boxing he won't last in the HW division against the top guys.

Great guy and great spirit, I admire the hell out of him though.

Comment

I feel terrible for Seth Mitchell. He seems like a nice guy, but his people put him in a bad situation. They inflated him up so quick and overhyped him without really developing him. Al Haymon might be a good business man, rap producer, whatever but he's a complete fan who knows nothing when it comes to the sport. He sees big strong football player and thinks he's automatically going to a be a work level heavyweight boxer, despite no amateur experience, not fighting until he was 25, and only fighting guys who were afraid of his appearance. There's a place for Seth Mitchell, but it was pushed along too quick. Raw power is not enough for anyone. The ultimate evidence of Haymon trying to get rid him now his allowing this immediate rematch. He got KOd by a small guy with a little but if experience. Nothing has changed. It will happen again. Haymon just needs it to be Mitchell's failure, not his. Even if Mitchell demanded it, it's Hammond job to say shut up and wait. Did you see Lucian Bute hopping right back in there a couple months later with Froch? No...probably Wont ever happen. He has a legit boxing manager, not entertainment agent.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
                    I feel terrible for Seth Mitchell. He seems like a nice guy, but his people put him in a bad situation. They inflated him up so quick and overhyped him without really developing him. Al Haymon might be a good business man, rap producer, whatever but he's a complete fan who knows nothing when it comes to the sport. He sees big strong football player and thinks he's automatically going to a be a work level heavyweight boxer, despite no amateur experience, not fighting until he was 25, and only fighting guys who were afraid of his appearance. There's a place for Seth Mitchell, but it was pushed along too quick. Raw power is not enough for anyone. The ultimate evidence of Haymon trying to get rid him now his allowing this immediate rematch. He got KOd by a small guy with a little but if experience. Nothing has changed. It will happen again. Haymon just needs it to be Mitchell's failure, not his. Even if Mitchell demanded it, it's Hammond job to say shut up and wait. Did you see Lucian Bute hopping right back in there a couple months later with Froch? No...probably Wont ever happen. He has a legit boxing manager, not entertainment agent.
                    Verry good! But i think Mitchell could beat Banks in the rematch! Its 50-50 IMO The same what happened to Mitchell last time could verry well happen to banks this time. Mitchell is still ahead of that joke Wilder and he would KO Wilder 100%.
                    People make a too big deal when a fighter looses anyway. Micthell lost his last fight so what? Now that he lost once everyone writes him off.
                    Last edited by Tobi.G; 06-12-2013, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X