Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The least entertaining world class fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devon Alexander is the worst right now. And im not sure if he is world class.

Comment

Originally posted by PureBoxingCEO View Post
      Devon Alexander is the worst right now. And im not sure if he is world class.
      He is boring but one can't knock the run of opponents he has taken on back to back.

Witter, Urango, Kotelnik, Bradley, Matthysse, Maidana, Bailey, Brook* and now Khan.

* ended up being Purdy but he had signed to fight Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
        I think it's the nature of the HW division in general. It's a frickin' clinch-fest in there.
        I think there are some entertaining heavies in there today. Out of the more established crop, someone like Haye, Povetkin, V. Klitschko, Pulev, Arreola are usually in quite entertaining fights imo. The new batch of talents like Price, Fury, Wilder, Helenius, Chisora are also quite good to watch.

Just a shame that none of them has what it takes to seriously challenge W. Klitschko at this moment in time.

Comment

Anyone that thinks Rigo is borring should find another sport period

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            Why is that up to you to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
              HAHAHAHA
              Boxing fans get bored when their fighter gets a boxing lesson. If your a fan of Ward, Floyd, Rigo, Lara, etc. you enjoy watching them box circles around their opponent. But if you dislike them you call them boring because they wont brawl with the guy your rooting for. When in all actuality, you only want to see them brawl because that's the only way that whoever your rooting for can win.
              I don't like them (throw Alexander and Wlad in there also) because instead of using defense they hold and use their elbows (not their forearms) and plus all that damn head first crap Ward does. I'm sorry but I came up on dudes like Sweet Pea and James Toney bobbing and weaving out of trouble and countering accordingly, not grabbing someone's arms to stop them from punching and calling it defense.

Rigo I can watch all day (even though he grabs also - they must teach that in Cuba) because his counter punching is like a damn sniper and he KO'ing dudes.

Comment

If death creeps slowly and I have time to see it approach, I'm gonna regret watching so many Wladimir Kltschko fights. I should have done something else with that time.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
                  He flat out is boring. No debate. People like you who claim to be boxing purists who appreciate the subtleties of the game and think they have the claim on what constitutes a true boxing fan are ridiculously annoying. I appreciate skilled fighters also - for instance I am a big fan of Mayweather's skills. However, when a fighter is flat out scared to throw punches and throws 3/4 a round when they could throw a lot more and still not get hit they are boring to me. It doesn't matter how much of a purist you are, I don't know how you can appreciate someone who is flat out scared to throw punches against a gunshy opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                    Gamboa.....

I don't see the hype in him either.
                    This is a good one (in contrast to the standard Rigo/Lara/Alexander/FMJ ones). Gamboa is only remotely exciting for the same reasons that Khan is extremely exciting - Gamboa has been chinny (nothing like Khan, of course), so I'm really just watching hoping he gets taken out.

Gotta wonder how many Rigo fights some of you have actually seen; I thought Rigo Donaire was still a pretty exciting fight, and Rigo's previous few fights were probably more exciting than that.

Lara Vanes was an ugly fight to watch, but Lara Angulo was obviously pretty damn entertaining. Not sure Lara is proven world-class yet, though.

Alexander can be annoying to watch (against Bailey, most of the Bradley fight), but I think Ward takes the cake for his hitting and holding routine.

Comment

I've added a poll listing the most popular choices I've read so far.

Vote away gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                      X