No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson KO: Ward's Trainer Shocked, Hopkins Trainer Not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
    You're tryna be funny but name a guy who has fought Bernard & gone on to flourish by improving rather than declining....& I'm talking after he was a champion for several yrs & reached his late prime. RJJ doesn't count....In fact Glencoff would be an example of a guy who got better after taking a B-hop azz beating. I can't think of any others.
    You talking about bum middleweights who weren't gonna go on to accomplish much anyway. As far as LHW, Tarver went on to win a belt at CW, Winky was basically retired already and just looking for money fights, Pascal is still young. The only ones where I agree that he so called ruined would be Pavlik and Tito.

Comment

Nazim has it pegged, Dawson just doesn't have it mentally right now. It appears he isn't one to rebound from losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Nope, Ward ruined him, you're never the same after you lose to Ward. Kessler-Loses to Froch, Abraham loses to Stieglitz, Dawson gets Ko'd by Stevenson. Froch is lucky Ward broke his hand before the fight, if not we'd be talking about a future Ward-Bute fight.
        Kessler beat Froch in his very next fight after losing to Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Nope, Ward ruined him, you're never the same after you lose to Ward. Kessler-Loses to Froch, Abraham loses to Stieglitz, Dawson gets Ko'd by Stevenson. Froch is lucky Ward broke his hand before the fight, if not we'd be talking about a future Ward-Bute fight.
          A little off topic here I admit, but if you really want to give someone credit for ruining careers you should visit boxrec and see how Vitali´s opponents were doing afterwards. Not all of them of course.

Comment

Naz did call it....at the time I thought he was just a lil' salty about how disrespectful Chad was leading up to the B.Hop fights....I guess Naz's new name should be Nazstradamus

Comment

Of course Ward's trainer would be "surprised." He can't just come out and admit that Dawson ruined himself making 168.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Of course Ward's trainer would be "surprised." He can't just come out and admit that Dawson ruined himself making 168.
                Maybe, but let's face it most people picked Dawson.

Comment

Working...
                X