Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premature Stoppages.. Maidana-Lopez or Dawson-Stevenson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premature Stoppages.. Maidana-Lopez or Dawson-Stevenson?

Which of those fights (if any) were stopped prematurely?
    Maidana-Lopez
    26.83%
    Dawson-Stevenson
    2.44%
    Both
    4.88%
    None
    65.85%

Dawson definitely not. Lopez...maybe but he wasn't protecting himself very well, bit of a tough one, maybe the ref could have let it go a bit longer, but better safe then sorry, he put himself in a position where he gave the ref a decision to make.

Comment

Dawson was totally done, and Lopez wasn't much better either. Both stoppages were okay, IMO.

Comment

Both stoppages saved both guys guarantees further embarrassment and punishment.

Comment

Dawson would've gotten hurt badly if that fight continued. The ref saved him from being carried out on a stretcher.

Lopez is a fighter and still wanted to continue but he was taking flush shots. Plus he wasn't throwing any punches back. I think the ref made the right choice. Maybe it was stopped slightly early but the stoppage was justifiable.

Comment

I didn't see the Dawson fight, but the Lopez was definitely a good stoppage. Even while I was watching it I wanted the ref to step in when he did. Lopez was taking some heavy shots cleanly, I thought it was a great stoppage.

Comment

Dawson was really hurt, although we have seen fights continue when fighters were like that. Its possible the fight could have continued and Dawson might have survived that round if he held on, but that's a huge risk. In the state he was in, getting hit with another huge shot like that would've been disastrous.

Comment

Lopez has got a lot of hart man, but maidana was on the warpath and would have punched lopez to a pulp it wassnt stoped

Comment

If I had to choose one it would be Dawson vs Stevenson..All in all tho I have no issue with either stoppage tho..

Comment

Lopez was a little early. Dawson was really hurt. That punch wasn't lucky either. Stevenson tried the same punch about 3 or 4 times. Dawson should've seen it coming.

Comment

Working...
                    X