No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Adonis Stevenson Demolishes Dawson in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xLuKeYx View Post
    Dawson was done. Not only could he barely stand, you could see that he quite clearly wanted no more of that.
    Bradley looked like he could barely stand against Providnikov but he lasted 12 rounds and took way more punishment. Alvarado could barely stand against Rios but he made it the distance. Berto against Guerrero but he made it the distance. There are plenty of instances where dudes are way more hurt than what Dawson was and they made the distance when the fight could have easily been stopped early on.

Comment

Originally posted by lutenco View Post
      FROCH ducked this man,now everybody finally will understand why!!!
      Froch did not duck him, he fought Kessler.

"Is that what he said, he would knock me out?" Froch said, according to livefight.com. "Well a tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of a sheep - and trust me, Adonis will be a lamb to the slaughter.

"I wish him no harm, but if he comes to fight then he will be blitzed in a handful of rounds. My opponents have two choices when they fight me; They can either run, hold and take a decision or they can actually fight and get smashed up.

"With the greatest of respect, Adonis is not a fleet-footed fighter - he will come throwing those big bombs and we could have a nice little war, if it is him next of course and not Kessler."

Froch added: "I do give Adonis respect, he has fought his way to the No. 1 spot and, as everyone knows, I avoid nobody.

"He has been vocal in demanding the fight and that to me shows he has the appetite for it, which is to be commended. But he would get smoked. End of story.
      "
      http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/s...brjBw7bdmFl.99

Comment

It's in situations such as this that I don't envy the position of the referee. First, Dawson got back to his feet, and was defending his championship, you always want to give a guy a chance to defend what's his. That's when the question of cost comes into question though. Dawson. In the past Dawson has been hurt, dropped, and regardless has gotten up and survived. I think if they let it continue, Dawson gets stopped regardless. Tough to call on the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosseboi View Post
          I never rated Dawson, even back when people said he'd beat Calzaghe.

What's the bet he jumps trainers again after this fight?
          Lol, exactly! That was my first thought after he got knocked out. Chad changes trainers like I change socks!

Comment

Jean Pascal probably ran out of the arena after that.

Comment

Early stoppage. U gotta let the champ go out on his shield. The referee should have asked Chad to walk to him before calling it off...

With all that being said, I don't think Chad would have survived...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Bradley looked like he could barely stand against Providnikov but he lasted 12 rounds and took way more punishment. Alvarado could barely stand against Rios but he made it the distance. Berto against Guerrero but he made it the distance. There are plenty of instances where dudes are way more hurt than what Dawson was and they made the distance when the fight could have easily been stopped early on.
                Dawson could've probably been giving a chance, but odds are that he would've ended up getting slumped like Khan did against Prescott. Dawson will have a chance to prove his case in a rematch, assuming that one takes place.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 06-09-2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Is Dwyer on suicide watch right now? I bet he still finds a way to keep Dawson on his top ten p4p list.

Comment

I thought the stoppage was crap. Dawson was back on his feet, he should have been given a chance to continue.
                    He could barely move. He was listing sidewards and backwards, he was in no shape to continue. He could barely state he was OK (more of a mumble) and didn't lift his gloves up to show he was able to defend himself.

All that would have happened was Stevenson would have stormed forward and knocked his head off.

It was a great stoppage.

Comment

Bradley didn't go down and he was punching back - and the referee was waiting to stop it, just Provodnikov couldn't quite seal it.

Berto went down but wasn't dropped anywhere near as hard. He got up, spoke clearly to the referee, held his gloves up and looked fine to continue.

Dawson looked like he'd been electrocuted. He was all stiff, unable to speak properly, unable to lift his gloves up. I was impressed he stood up in that state to be honest - but you could see that was an almighty effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X