No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Ok, is what he did technically quitting..sure. You and I both know what that word means and what boxing fans take it as. Let's use the word in the proper context and he didn't take a knee, didn't say no mas, and didn't just refuse to fight. He was seriously injured, not hurt...injured.

I agree, great post and the reason you are one of the few guys I bother to talk to in this place full of children and trolls. After the fight, I said how great both Lara and Angulo fought. Two different styles and I honestly don't know what would have happened if they would have went the full 12.

Props to Lara though, he took some huge shots and fought through them. It's a shame Angulo was injured and I think this is it for him, his career might be done. In my experience, when a fighter suffers that broken orbital bone, it's over for him because it never stops swelling and re-breaks often.
    On top of him having the first face defense I think I am going to agree with you on that.

Comment

didn't say no mas
      Yes he did.

didn't just refuse to fight
      Yes...... he did.

He was seriously injured, not hurt...injured.
      And, so he quit.

Comment

Your missing the point. First off all, not continuing because your face is shattered is not quitting....lol

When you suffer an injury that won't allow you to continue, that's just not being able to continue. What Victor Ortiz did was quit, what Roberto Duran did was quit. What Angulo did was just not be able to continue because he had a serious injury.

All I'm saying is the ref should at least taken the time to check to see if it was a foul, possibly a poke in the eye. Not taking credit away from Lara, he fought a brave fight as well but calling Angulo a quitter is diminishing what he did.
        He quit because it was paintful... spoken directly after the fight from the doctor.

He couldn't see out of one eye, which plenty of other fighters have fought through with WORSE swollen eyes... His other eye was still fine.

It HURT, it was PAINFUL... that is a matter of heart to fight through the pain.

Tearing your ACL and literally not being able physically walk, or your achilles and not being able to run... those are ACTUAL injuries that do not allow you proceed with your sport.

He had a broken orbital bone... it was a matter of pain tolerance... his legs, arms and vision still worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Yeah, I don't like the word quit. He didn't quit in my eyes, he quit in yours. Some like to use the word quit, and never even put on a pair of gloves. He quit, he quit, lmfao! Fohwt...
          You don't have to like the word, however that's what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            He quit because it was paintful... spoken directly after the fight from the doctor.

He couldn't see out of one eye, which plenty of other fighters have fought through with WORSE swollen eyes... His other eye was still fine.

It HURT, it was PAINFUL... that is a matter of heart to fight through the pain.

Tearing your ACL and literally not being able physically walk, or your achilles and not being able to run... those are ACTUAL injuries that do not allow you proceed with your sport.

He had a broken orbital bone... it was a matter of pain tolerance... his legs, arms and vision still worked.
            Hahaha...oh man. Yea, easier said than done. Angulo turned away because he suffered a serious injury.

I'm not going to sit here and defend a fighter who puts his life on the line, it's one of the reasons I don't post much on NSB.

He turned away, the ref should have taken time to check him. If he couldn't continue because of an injury, it's not because he's a quitter, his body couldn't take it anymore.

Hey whatever though, it's easy to call a guy a quitter, and say he could have handled the pain when we are sitting on a couch and watching the fight.

Respect to Angulo and Lara for giving us a great battle.

Comment

• If I gave another fighter that some injury, say like a Brandon Rios or an Antonio Margarito... theres a 50/50 chance they don't just turn around and walk to their corner, but they fight through it.

He quit because of pain tolerance.... the injury itself doesn't stop you frmo walking forward, or throwing punches, and he still could see out of his other eye.

Now, that sounds BRUTAL to say... and Im certainly not saying ID fight through it.... but this is the fight game, price fighting... these fighters make HUGE money to get in that ring and fight through it all... so they are held to much higher standards.

There are other fighters that would of fought through the pain in the history of this sport. That injury did not HINDER him from proceeding, his personal pain tolerance did... which means he quit, he stopped, he decided to turn around and say no mas... it hurts too much.

Comment

• It wasn't as bad as when Roy Jones quit in the 3rd Tarver fight.

Comment

Hahaha...oh man. Yea, easier said than done. Angulo turned away because he suffered a serious injury.

I'm not going to sit here and defend a fighter who puts his life on the line, it's one of the reasons I don't post much on NSB.

He turned away, the ref should have taken time to check him. If he couldn't continue because of an injury, it's not because he's a quitter, his body couldn't take it anymore.

Hey whatever though, it's easy to call a guy a quitter, and say he could have handled the pain when we are sitting on a couch and watching the fight.

Respect to Angulo and Lara for giving us a great battle.
                  I see you are quite defensive in this little situation here.

I don't need to defend myself of being a couch commentator. This is a BOXING forum where we DISCUSS what HAPPENS in the ring. I don't need to be a fighter, coach or anything else to discuss this... and that includes being able to fight through it myself.

When Abraham had his jaw shattered and FOUGHT THROUGH it instead of turning around because of the pain and quitting... I COULDNT of done that, but he did.

However, I can comment on it.

And therefore, he quit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wenger Is God View Post
                    It wasn't as bad as when Roy Jones quit in the 3rd Tarver fight.
                    Last time I checked, you're an account of a previously banned user in which Ive know about yet, chose to let slide.

Bounce, kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      If I gave another fighter that some injury, say like a Brandon Rios or an Antonio Margarito... theres a 50/50 chance they don't just turn around and walk to their corner, but they fight through it.

He quit because of pain tolerance.... the injury itself doesn't stop you frmo walking forward, or throwing punches, and he still could see out of his other eye.

Now, that sounds BRUTAL to say... and Im certainly not saying ID fight through it.... but this is the fight game, price fighting... these fighters make HUGE money to get in that ring and fight through it all... so they are held to much higher standards.

There are other fighters that would of fought through the pain in the history of this sport. That injury did not HINDER him from proceeding, his personal pain tolerance did... which means he quit, he stopped, he decided to turn around and say no mas... it hurts too much.
                      If he would of continue he probably could of went permanently blind. One more punch could of shifting that bone into parts of his eye. I doubt any other fighter would of fought through that. Not to mention we have no idea what that pain is like...

Comment

Working...
                      X