Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Ward win a title at cruiserweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah...

He depends on holding/hitting/headbutting too much....trying to do that at a heavier weight won't work - plus his stamina would become more questionable. He also doesn't have the courage - I can't think of any champion that cleaned out a division to the point where he has no more real options/money...and not move up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
      Nah...

He depends on holding/hitting/headbutting too much....trying to do that at a heavier weight won't work - plus his stamina would become more questionable. He also doesn't have the courage - I can't think of any champion that cleaned out a division to the point where he has no more real options/money...and not move up in weight.
      I was thinking something similar. RJ did it and a guy like Floyd has moved up well but both of them have shown the ability to use there legs more than Ward. Im not sold that he's so fleet of foot that he can keep a big man off of him or off balance for 12 rounds. The inside fighting wont work on those bigger guys most likely but at the same time its not the greatest division

Comment

He"d beat Klitschko as long as the fight is in jOakland.

Comment

Depends on the opponent but yes he could , when moving up like that the smaller guy wont beat the BEST at the bigger weight but they can beat a title holder , Hearns went from WW to Cruiser to beat the great Lenny Pagila and Nate Miller lol , so yes Ward could do it depending on who it was against .

When its best to best weight matters and the old saying a good big will beat good little man holds true .

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            He"d ROB Klitschko as long as the fight is in jOakland.
            Corrected it for you.

Comment

hes been pretty inactive, seems to be more about money now than legacy. He wanted to fight pavlik for ****ssake who sucks balls but would bring in money.

If thats what he wants he should have fought and KOed that ****** bute. Dont say bute didnt deserve it and then go and try to make a fight with pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
                Nah...

This right here. He'd get bullied against a guy like Huck, and typically wouldn't be able to have his way with the rest of the bigger guys.

Comment

Ward can fight at cruiserweight as long as he weighs in at 200 pounds or under. For instance he could weight in at 165 pounds and still fight for the cruiserweight title. You can only be over the weight limit. There is no rule about a fighter being too far under the weight limit and not being allowed to fight. I don't think Ward could ever be the best cruiserweight in the world. I voted he would probably win a title at cruiserweight by fighting the weakest champion. He would have 4 champions to choose from.

Comment

He would beat Wladimir Klitschko and win the HW title at a 168 CW.

Comment

What if Ward moved up to HW and fought Povetkin?

Comment

Working...
                      X