Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toughest style for Mayweather-: Canelo, Khan, Garcia, Matthysse, Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
    Hands down, it would be Khan. He's taller with longer arms and fast hands and feet. He has a good jab, he throws combos, he works the body, and he uses the whole ring. That's a nightmare to an aging fighter even on Floyd's level. He also has good stamina. But the problem is the chin. I could imagine Khan being up quite a bit on points up until the 10th round and then get caught with one of Floyd's hard left check hooks. Floyd would go on to stop him.
    Jep all correct, if it wassent for the fact that kahn will get ****ed up by the first punch that lands on him

Comment

I don't see how you can go only by styles and take the man out of the picture. Styles is just a general term. No two fighters have exactly the same style or the same speed or stamina or chin or punching power. Each fighter has his own unique style that is not exactly the same as any other fighter. Floyd and Trout are both mainly boxers. Canelo and Matthysse are both punchers. Are they the same? All fighters move differently and throw their punches slightly differently than any other fighter. You can't put each fighter in a neat little style box.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        Hands down, it would be Khan. He's taller with longer arms and fast hands and feet. He has a good jab, he throws combos, he works the body, and he uses the whole ring. That's a nightmare to an aging fighter even on Floyd's level. He also has good stamina. But the problem is the chin. I could imagine Khan being up quite a bit on points up until the 10th round and then get caught with one of Floyd's hard left check hooks. Floyd would go on to stop him.
        Emmmmm dude, you do realise that Floyd has a bigger reach that Khan. Floyd being little and brittle is a myth made up by his d1ckriding fans who wish to glorify him as some David and Goliath type figure. It's BS.

Comment

In terms of style, I have always been intrigued by a Khan-Mayweather fight, simply because Khan is faster, taller and has a much greater punch output than Mayweater. I'm interested to see how Mayweather would deal with this odd style, and one he hasn't really seem before. I guess this is also why a PAC-Mayweather fight is so intriguing, because PAC used to do everything Khan does to perfection. Regardless, of the fighters there I really only see Canelo and Khan giving Mayweather trouble, but not enough to upset him.

Comment

Man, if only Khan could take a punch and was a little smarter. He has the tools.

Matthysse fights the right style, but he's just not fast enough. What he does is the type of style you'd want, the intelligent pressure and body work, plus the fight changing power.

If Alvarez didn't have size, he'd have nothing.

LOL at Garcia and Alexander.

If Matthysse had Khan's speed, or Khan had Matthysse's power, we'd be talking someone that might beat Mayweather.

Comment

I completely disagree with anyone thinking Alexander has a style that bothers Mayweather. He's insanely predictable and has no defense against the right hand. He might be as easy a fight for Floyd as Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                Past performances mean nothing when you have a new motivation for a difficult opponent. I could say that before Josesito got stopped, he showed how easy Canelo could be hit. That wouldn't get me far in a debate. Floyd always rises to the occassion. He's been doing it forever, Canelo has yet to experience this.
                Floyd is a 2.5 to 1 betting favorite so most people believe he will win the fight. I am sure Floyd will be in his usual great condition and bring his strong will to win and a smart battle plan. I am just one of those guys in the minority who believe Canelo is the one who will rise to the occasion and fight better than ever and come off with the upset win.
                I am sure Floyd will hit Canelo hard and often. I just think Canelo can stay on his feet and come back with some serious punches and combinations. We all have to wait about 100 days. It should be a great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I completely disagree with anyone thinking Alexander has a style that bothers Mayweather. He's insanely predictable and has no defense against the right hand. He might be as easy a fight for Floyd as Garcia.
                  This is the same reason I see Khan being KO'd by Mayweather..It's funny to me that both Khan and Alexander have similar problems..They are both stiff and very predictable fighters..Khan has a bad chin Alexander has a solid chin(from what I've seen anyway)..Khan is better offensively then Alexander and will take more risk..This should be a good fight should it get made..As it stands tho,neither would give Floyd any trouble..

Comment

Khan.

His height, reach, speed and good jab would give Floyd trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      Floyd is a 2.5 to 1 betting favorite so most people believe he will win the fight. I am sure Floyd will be in his usual great condition and bring his strong will to win and a smart battle plan. I am just one of those guys in the minority who believe Canelo is the one who will rise to the occasion and fight better than ever and come off with the upset win.
                      I am sure Floyd will hit Canelo hard and often. I just think Canelo can stay on his feet and come back with some serious punches and combinations. We all have to wait about 100 days. It should be a great fight.
                      Good thought...well said!

Comment

Working...
                      X