Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you think certain fighters were at their absolute best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you think certain fighters were at their absolute best?

For instance I think the best Mayweather we have ever seen was against Corrales. I remember thinking before the fight that Mayweather would have his hands full and he absolutely outclassed and annihilated Chico.

I think the best Pacquiao we have seen was against Cotto, he was fast and strong and threw so many punches from different angles. I could be overexagerrting but on that night I think he gives any welterweight in history hell on that night.

The absolute best Tyson we have ever seen was against Spinks, I remember an old boxing writer say that on that night Tyson would have beaten any all time great on that including Joe Louis and Ali.

What about some others?

I thought De La Hoya looked his absolute best in the first 9 rounds of the Tito fight. He was putting on a clinic and was so crisp and looked in a different league than Tito.

Comment

Mayweather was at his best i think between 2004 and 2006 but it sucks cuz he took alot of easy fights then... But i do think he was at the height of his powers then..

Tyson was at his best coming up 86-87.. his march to the top when he was hungry

Roy jones was obvioulsy the Toney fight in 94

Lewis was at his peak late 90's

Peak at the height of their powers means to me they had both physical prime and more importantly mental experience.....

Broner might be at his physical prime but def not mentally yet....

Comment

What about Roy Jones vs Griffin in their 2nd fight. He might have been at his peak that night.

Comment

MAnny vs morales 2

Manny actually started to box on the elite level instead of just bum rushing in with jab, jab, straight left like he did vs jmm and MAB

Comment

Frazier against Ali in FOTC

Comment

Good thread mafuka!

I think Ali was at his absolute peak in the mid-60s, beating the likes of Terrel, Williams and co. He looked as untouchable as any fighter I've ever seen. In those years, no fighter in history would have beaten Ali.

Hopkins peak surprisingly came quite late, in the early noughties, beating Tito a particular highlight! He would have competed with and beaten most of the great MWs in history in those years.

Comment

What about Hagler? His absolute best had to be against Hearns, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                  Good thread mafuka!

I think Ali was at his absolute peak in the mid-60s, beating the likes of Terrel, Williams and co. He looked as untouchable as any fighter I've ever seen. In those years, no fighter in history would have beaten Ali.

Hopkins peak surprisingly came quite late, in the early noughties, beating Tito a particular highlight! He would have competed with and beaten most of the great MWs in history in those years.
                  Hopkins vs Tarver>Hopkins vs Tito

Comment

Calzaghe in the Lacy fight. It was the most impressive beatdown by an underdog I have ever seen.........EVER.

Comment

Working...
                    X