Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Dawson, Stevenson in Near Wild Brawl at Weigh-In

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dawson will make this a borefest, hope i'm wrong. Might watch Lara vs Angulo instead which also could be a borfest. **** at least maidana Lopez will be good.

(i think the Dawson fight will clash with the Lara fight)

Comment

Gamboa vs Perez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szVw...e_gdata_player

Not sure if this link works on PC's.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Stevenson winning would be better for the 168 division. Potential opponent for Ward and Froch.

Comment

Can someone explain why Perez keeps doing that **** with his fingers? Is that a Colombian thing?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Lets see who wants it more!!!
            When that bell rimgs all those ppl wont be there to break it up no more talkin time to throw them hands!!!
            I dont care who wins but i sure do wanna see a ko!!!!

Comment

stevenson's gonna **** bad chad, me thinks he's done and stevenson's hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                I doubt it will happen because Chad is no puncher but I'm sure everyone would appreciate seeing scumbag Stevenson doing the leg quiver on the canvas. It would make a lot of people happy to see him get a little of what he deserves for the lives of women and children he has harmed in the past.
                Dawson is a good puncher. Not a one punch KO artist but he has solid power.

KO ratios arent everything, they can be deceiving and in Dawsons case it is. Someones style and attitude greatly affects the amount of KOs they score.

Dawson has good power and could have stopped a lot of guys he decisioned. But thats not in his inclination. If he is in control he wont go after someone, he will just box them all night. If they push for a KO and make a mistake he will take it, but he wont force it himself. Many of his oponents become discouraged and go into survival mode and chad more or less lets them do just that.

Similar to mayweather and hopkins, two fighters who also have good power but generally feel no need to finish guys as long as they assert their dominance and will take a W any way they get it.

The oposite would be margarito. Poor puncher but extremely aggressive. Gets guys out of there because of the pace he sets and if a fighter ever goes into survival mode he will go even harder. He is in there strictly to hurt you and as a result he often does just that despite his lack of power.

Chad might not stop stevenson but it wont be because he cant punch. Its because hes a smart fightercand a boxer. He knows he can outbox his man but also that superman can crack so he wont take unnecessary risks which will likely allowing adonis to go 12.

Also cut stevenson some slack. Im not saying i approve of what he has done but he did turn his life around. Some things are unforgivable, to me pedophilia and racism. This may be close, but the man was trying to earn a living. At other peoples expense of course and again i do not condone of his actions. But i dont think people should hold it over his head for the rest of his life. He turned his life around a long time ago and stuck with it.. move on.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Stevenson winning would be better for the 168 division. Potential opponent for Ward and Froch.
                  Stevenson would be the lineal 175 pound champ though.

Hopkins vs Stevenson!

Comment

Dawson by late TKO.

Comment

Tough call. If Chad has regrouped to his old form, he wins by wide UD. If Chad is still lost and unfocused, he loses via KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X