Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More impressed with a typical Mayweather clinic? Or coming back from adversity?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Brilliance is in not getting into trouble and not having to rely on inner strength in the first place but rising from adversity also says a lot about a fighter.

Comment

Alvarez is legit, for me a win over Saul of any sort is a good win.

If Mayweather puts on a clinic people will hate and say Canelo is over rated ect ect BUT it will prove he is still the king and in fine form.

If he hits the floor and struggles before coming back to win people will again hate and say he's packing glass, he's lucky it was at a catchweight, he has been exposed ect ect BUT it will show a fold to him as a fighter rarely seen from him, Corley buzzed him, Mosley Rocked him and Zab stunned him (coulda been a KD) but he's never been in dire trouble or officially been dropped (barring the time he took a knee in pain for his own hand) so it ticks another box for him. It would show he is probably on the slide and id be less confident in further fights than before but Historically he'd actually benefit from coming back from a Knockdown and a tough fight, some real adversity.

Comment

in no other sport, team or non team, would being far superior to his/her competition be criticized or viewed negatively.

Coming back from adversity would be more exciting, but preventing adversity is better.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
          If Floyd gets hurt, dropped and comes back to win his hype would be unreal. If he dominates then "well the catchweight affected Canelo, Canelo wasn't ready, etc. etc."
          Blame ur boss floyd for saying 2lbs affected cotto during pac
          Now should he say it wont?

Ur a dumbo by the way

Comment

like I've said many times....Floyd is a fighter I have the utmost respect for....before the Mosley fight I just thought he was better than average....now I think he's a dude who's 5 steps ahead of his opponent before the bell even rings for round one....Floyd is a master in there....he's the type that can comeback from adversity and put on a clinic in the same fight....I saw that in the Mosley fight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              in no other sport, team or non team, would being far superior to his/her competition be criticized or viewed negatively.

Coming back from adversity would be more exciting, but preventing adversity is better.
              thats the intrigue when evenly matched fighters are in the ring together. dealing with adversity is inevitable. mayweather hasnt really been in an evenly matched fight in ages... blame it on his unquestionable talent, or choice of opponents.... its either a compliment or a criticism.

i think canelo is legit... i dont take anything away from floyd for taking this fight. if floyd schools canelo, he deserves full credit. canelo is not on floyd's level in technique, but he has enough attributes to make this interesting.

you cant always "prevent" adversity... unless you AVOID it... if you take the risks, you WILL run into adversity.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                like I've said many times....Floyd is a fighter I have the utmost respect for....before the Mosley fight I just thought he was better than average....now I think he's a dude who's 5 steps ahead of his opponent before the bell even rings for round one....Floyd is a master in there....he's the type that can comeback from adversity and put on a clinic in the same fight....I saw that in the Mosley fight!!
                Old shot mosley
                Really Thats where the best uve seen floyd? Man i pity floyd if it is

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                  Blame ur boss floyd for saying 2lbs affected cotto during pac
                  Now should he say it wont?

Ur a dumbo by the way
                  its not about what ellerbee said. he's said other things and you don't cosign it.

its about what you think-if you thought cotto was ok and manny's win was legit be consistent and say same here. if you thought the 2lbs affectd cotto than post same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                    thats the intrigue when evenly matched fighters are in the ring together. dealing with adversity is inevitable. mayweather hasnt really been in an evenly matched fight in ages... blame it on his unquestionable talent, or choice of opponents.... its either a compliment or a criticism.

i think canelo is legit... i dont take anything away from floyd for taking this fight. if floyd schools canelo, he deserves full credit. canelo is not on floyd's level in technique, but he has enough attributes to make this interesting.

you cant always "prevent" adversity... unless you AVOID it... if you take the risks, you WILL run into adversity.
                    when he has been in evenly matched fights going in (castillo, corrales, mosley) he does the same or better than when he is in fights he should win. the thing here is whenever posters say floyd WILL face adversity and he doesn't-they make it about the opponent when before the fight it was about floyd.

adversity can be reduced and eliminated if you prepare well, particularly in one on one competition. I agree that when you face better competition it wont be easy. but when you do-and it looks just like when you compete against weaker comp-then maybe its time to appreciate what you are watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      its not about what ellerbee said. he's said other things and you don't cosign it.

its about what you think-if you thought cotto was ok and manny's win was legit be consistent and say same here. if you thought the 2lbs affectd cotto than post same thing.
                      Now this d!ckrider thought ellerby was the one who said it :///

U should watch floyd vs cotto interview with kellerman and ur boss talking about 2lbs sheyt

about that i should critisize pac
                      The difference between them is we have one thats usually doing it and the other one pointing fingers but end up doing the same :/
                      Now who should u critisize more?

This is not all about how it will affect canelo but its about how this will affect the result of the fight due to what floyd said and believe that 2 pounds difference will affect a fighter
                      So basically he created a reason for the haters to bash him after the fight :/
                      Isnt he a genius?

Comment

Working...
                      X