Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    well floyd has done that too so i guess he peaked back when he fought dlh
    Yeah i know, find it strange he's backtracking now. I don't expect JMM will be asking for CW if he wins that title off Bradley, for example. So I'm looking for a blanket policy, not a "I'll fight them at 154 if they're past prime, and started 2+ divisions lower" thing

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Yeah i know, find it strange he's backtracking now. I don't expect JMM will be asking for CW if he wins that title off Bradley, for example. So I'm looking for a blanket policy, not a "I'll fight them at 154 if they're past prime, and started 2+ divisions lower" thing
      well i dont think floyd plans on ever fighting higher than 147 after this fight. in fact i dont think he likes fighting at 154, hes been there twice and hes never looked specatular. im sure he realizes this and so does his team. they made this fight because it had to be made. those titles will be vacated eventually. so be relieved.

Comment

well i dont think floyd plans on ever fighting higher than 147 after this fight. in fact i dont think he likes fighting at 154, hes been there twice and hes never looked specatular. im sure he realizes this and so does his team. they made this fight because it had to be made. those titles will be vacated eventually. so be relieved.
        You might be right. The test will be whether Floyd holds on to the belts after this. But he held on the WBA Super for a year, and you're telling me he had no intention to defend. Regardless, his billing (2x, current) sorta makes it incumbent on him to take it at 154, especially since IMO same result at 154. Really nothing to gain at 152 except bad publicity, and as we've seen, these things can be super sticky

Comment

And that was against guys smaller than Canelo , the only reason Floyd went to 154 was because it was Cotto and Oscar neither are JMWS , look at Manny he wanted nothing to do with Uri Foreman with Roach sighting he is too big so then they get a bashed WW thats been out for 2 years and fight him at 150 for a 154 title , come on who are these kids trying to fool , and these people want to rubbish Floyd for this fight when only days ago they saying Floyd WILL NOT fight him because he chicken , these people are morons that are nothing more than Floyd haters way before they are boxing fans .

Comment

He will walk in the ring as a SMW and floyd will be 147 or thereabouts, how can that not be a huge advantage? Not too mention he's 13 years younger and all the benefits that come with that.

Floyd deserves massive kudos for making this happen. There are easier pay days than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
              He will walk in the ring as a SMW and floyd will be 147 or thereabouts, how can that not be a huge advantage? Not too mention he's 13 years younger and all the benefits that come with that.

Floyd deserves massive kudos for making this happen. There are easier pay days than this.
              But none that Showtime could stomach at this point. And come on, 147? He'll be the much smaller guy, but enough of these pansy exaggerations. He'll be closer to 157 for certain, the only question is will he let them weigh him in for once. If not, I'm sure that'll be proof enough for you he was 147

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                Floyd was only 7lbs when he was born whereas Canelo was 15lbs

this fight is the equivalent of Calderon vs Valuev...
                Calderon by decision 118-110

Comment

But none that Showtime could stomach at this point. And come on, 147? He'll be the much smaller guy, but enough of these pansy exaggerations. He'll be closer to 157 for certain, the only question is will he let them weigh him in for once. If not, I'm sure that'll be proof enough for you he was 147
                  What for certain , produce a single piece of evidence Floyd has ever been near 157 in or out of the ring , lol you throw things out of your ass that are utter BS .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    What for certain , produce a single piece of evidence Floyd has ever been near 157 in or out of the ring , lol you throw things out of your ass that are utter BS .
                    He only needs to be 152 for me to be right, and I'm 100% he was heavier for Marquez at least. There's really no telling how heavy he is, since he's only let them weigh him in once in 6 years. That's something you'd expect from a serial weight abuser like Chavez Jr. Not that Floyd is anything like that, but his ego is very fragile, and he really loves to make himself look small when not calling Pac "midget", or failing to making a 144 contract CW by 2lbs. Like that laughable claim from his camp that he was 147 fight night vs Cotto, that alone killed a lot of his credibility on the topic.

Comment

He only needs to be 152 for me to be right, and I'm 100% he was heavier for Marquez at least. There's really no telling how heavy he is, since he's only let them weigh him in once in 6 years. That's something you'd expect from a serial weight abuser like Chavez Jr. Not that Floyd is anything like that, but his ego is very fragile, and he really loves to make himself look small when not calling Pac "midget", or failing to making a 144 contract CW by 2lbs. Like that laughable claim from his camp that he was 147 fight night vs Cotto, that alone killed a lot of his credibility on the topic.
                      I didnt ask for your 100% opinion I want some hard evidence about Floyds weight and you dont have any , Floyd has never been near 157 in or out of the ring , that was the debate and you lose again .

Now answer the other question was Cotto and Margo drained against Manny , whats your 100% opinion on that ?

Comment

Working...
                      X