No announcement yet.

Is Canelo's size advantage overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    It is, and he made it his business not to put himself at too much of a weight disadvantage, business per usual. Before I get Fox'd News (Put in a box) I wanted this at '54, all I'm saying is...Mayweather's concerns were legit, and recent articles are saying the concerns were coming from Mayweather's camp as well.

Also, do you not see a problem with the bolded. You think having to deal with that size disparity is gonna be any easier at 36?
    The older you get, the easier it will be. Bone density peaks for men in their 30s... plus it's always easier to gain rather than lose weight.

Comment

Originally posted by itsafight View Post
      The older you get, the easier it will be. Bone density peaks for men in their 30s... plus it's always easier to gain rather than lose weight.
      I'm talking about maintaining that kind of athleticism and reflexes to deal with the size disparity, that doesn't somehow get easier. It's the opposite actually.

Also, I think Floyd peaked at this weight, he walks around at no more than 152, enters the ring around the same more or less.

Comment

a fighter like floyd isnt gaining much weight. hr fights at a weight division he belongs in, meaning he could have a same day weigh in and still be fresh in the ring. he doesnt balloon up in weight like most fighters nowadays. he belongs at 147, only reason he has success at 154 is because hes that good. him trying to gain too much weight is simply a bad idea. ask roy jones.

Comment

Mayweather is small doe!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            no, it implies floyd is cheating history. not that hes a coward. and in that sense i agree. fighting for titles at catchweights are a way of cheating history for both guys. doesnt mean they are cowards tho. the manny/cotto fight was one thing, but it was nothing compared to the margarito fight. that was really cheating history. floyd, for all his mistakes, has already won a legit 154 lb title.
            Can't be much of a legit title if he needs to unify it at a CW. And what a CW spectacle it's gonna be, for 4 belts including the lineal one!

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              Can't be much of a legit title if he needs to unify it at a CW. And what a CW spectacle it's gonna be, for 4 belts including the lineal one!
              i already stated im not overly enthused about the titles. could care less for cw title fights. if u wanna say they are tainted, cool. it doesnt do much to floyds resume, ppl overlook all his titles anyways at this point. i still think this is a legit fight the best that could be made siply because of the magnitude of it. but hes still won 2 titles at 154. one of which is totally unconnected with this fight. winning a title is what matters when saying you are a multiple wieght champion. defending it is another thing entirely

Comment

Exactly this. Even JMM has no issues fighting top guys in his 5th division without weight stips, and he's a lot older, slower, more worn, and less gifted. You'd hope for a little more from Floyd then, not a little less. But it looks like JMM and Floyd peak at the same weight, a little surprising if you've seen them in the ring together

Comment

Exactly this. Even JMM has no issues fighting top guys in his 5th division without weight stips, and he's a lot older, slower, more worn, and less gifted. You'd hope for a little more from Floyd then, not a little less. But it looks like JMM and Floyd peak at the same weight, a little surprising if you've seen them in the ring together
                  fighters peak differently. and jmm didnt peak at ww. nowhere near. smh whats wrong with u. u went full tard on this catchweight thing. not a good look at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    fighters peak differently. and jmm didnt peak at ww. nowhere near. smh whats wrong with u. u went full tard on this catchweight thing. not a good look at all.
                    Peak as in the highest weight he's willing to fight live guys without weight stips. That's his self acknowledged weight ceiling

Comment

Peak as in the highest weight he's willing to fight live guys without weight stips. That's his self acknowledged weight ceiling
                      well floyd has done that too so i guess he peaked back when he fought dlh

Comment

Working...
                      X