Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Ward have been disqulified against Kessler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saw the fight...it was definitely a hackfest by ward...should have been pistol whipped and dq'd

Comment

Everybody knows what this routine is about and who the nationalists are behind all the crying about headbutts and Ward cheating in the Kessler fight. Ward destroyed Kessler - he utterly dominated him with incredible ease. That was Calzaghe's "best win" up until that moment. Now Calzaghe's "best win" is him losing to Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        It's been a while since I've seen the fight but there was definitely one headbutt that I can recall being completely intentional. He charged in like an excited billy goat. Kessler should have started throwing subtle elbows when he rushed in with his head.
        Like I said, he closed the distance to neutralize Kessler's offense. Kessler's own trainer told him to do the same thing against Froch : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YmG0vi2F0c#t=50m5s

Comment

I've seen hundreds of fighters fight worse than that and have nothing said to them. So no, he shouldn't have. I won't argue with anyone that says he should have at least been warned and especially not with those who say he should have had a point deducted for that one headbutt where he definitely flew in headfirst on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
            Warnings -> deduction -> DQ

It wouldve been fair, but Ward wouldnt have done it enough to get DQ'd if the ref had been better.

Ward took advantage of a **** ref. Kessler would never beat him but as a fan of Ward, i cant honestly appreciate that fight

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            I don't have a problem appreciating it, Ward was beating the crap out of Kessler for about 3 or 4 rounds before there were any headbutts. The headbutts had nothing to do with who won the fight. Ward was that much better.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              That will be one for THIS decade. Not the last decade.
              Got me on a technicality

Comment

It was disgusting.

Jack Reiss should have received a lifetime ban. Piece of **** scumbag.

Comment

lol at all Froch fans for the last couple days trying to discredit Ward for woping everybody in his weigh class.Hopkings or Ward are gonna mercykill Froch

Comment

Working...
                  X