Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=WitherGlove;13427370]
    Originally posted by thuggery View Post

/thread[/QUO

1. Atleast be creative I know Nelo balls in your mouth but call me a pac fan floyd dan whatever

2. but seriously what has canelo really done?

3. Should Ward come down to 154 to fight him too?

4. You can argue Jr did more even he fight guys in his weight class and he ain't waiting for crap I would be willing to bet whatever you want if Floyd doesn't fight him he will fight a bum? A smaller one at that.

5. How much you want to bet?
    1. Why do you want him to unsult you. This is not personal just common sense.

2. He got himself to become wba and wbc world champion.

3. Does ward have a belt at 154?

4. If that fight doenst get made, im pretty sure Canelo will face another champion at 154, would they be a bum or not, that all subjective to the boxing fan themselves.

5. big bank eat little bank

Sorry couldent indulge you in the fetish of an online bitch fight, and insults.

/ Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
      I'm seriously tired of this guy. I mean don't get me wrong I watch his fights and think he has talent but he reminds me of that little rich kid who got everything handed to him at a young age now thinks he controls the world. When Manny and Floyd were about to fight I thought 50/50 why not weight gloves ring size compromise etc. When Lenard fought Hagler he had earned his stripes. When dlh was making demands he earned his stripes. Seriously wtf has Canelo done other than beat Trout which is his only good win? And if I'm not mistaken shouldn't the guy who's calling out someone be the guy willing to do whatever to make the fight? Look at Dawson him and Ward both Champs Dawson wanted the fight he called him out. Look at Floyd he wanted Oscar he moved to 154 because he called him out. Look at Oscar he wanted hopkins while catch wait he was willing to move up. The list goes on. What makes this canelo guy so special? Don't people realize they feeding a monster in the making? If he making demands now and he never even headlined a ppv imagine what kind of diva he will be once he really gets huge.
      Floyd barely brought in 16K fans in his last PPV. This spoiled kid just brought in 38K. They both have a title at 154. I've never heard of boxing fans advocating that a champion (perhaps one of the greatest ever) shouldn't have to defend his belt, a belt that he earned by beating another champion at that weight.

Comment

Ward never commanded that Dawson come down in weight, it was Dawson's idea.
        And your ODL vs. Hopkins example weakens your argument.
        Oscar was the cash cow and he moved up to fight Bernard because that's the kind of champion he was.
        If Floyd had half the balls as Oscar this fight would be made.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rifa;13427418]

1. Why do you want him to unsult you. This is not personal just common sense.

2. He got himself to become wba and wbc world champion.

3. Does ward have a belt at 154?

4. If that fight doenst get made, im pretty sure Canelo will face another champion at 154, would they be a bum or not, that all subjective to the boxing fan themselves.

5. big bank eat little bank

Sorry couldent indulge you in the fetish of an online bitch fight, and insults.

/ Thread.
          Fair enough Floyd is a title holder there but we all know Floyd took the Oscar fight because dlh was the man at the time. Cotto shouldn't be at 154 evidence how weak Trout made him look while Nelo ate his punches like skittles and knocked him down. But what I'm saying is when you call someone out you should be willing to do what it takes to make the fight I gave the example with Dawson Ward, and hopkin dlh, both made concessions. Canelo seems stuck on my way or the high way. I have a problem with that because literally other than Mosley and Trout most the guys smaller or unknown. What has he really done to be so demanding? I have the same Problem with khan but atleast he fights guys in his weight class and got some good wins

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            Floyd barely brought in 16K fans in his last PPV. This spoiled kid just brought in 38K. They both have a title at 154. I've never heard of boxing fans advocating that a champion (perhaps one of the greatest ever) shouldn't have to defend his belt, a belt that he earned by beating another champion at that weight.
            It's easy to bring in that many fans when your tickets sell for 10$ by the mexican border where he is becoming more God than man. I respect Mexicans supporting they guy but still. I mean serious even Cano and Mosely did good so saying he sold that many in tx means nothing because we all know tx is an extension of Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              Ward never commanded that Dawson come down in weight, it was Dawson's idea.
              And your ODL vs. Hopkins example weakens your argument.
              Oscar was the cash cow and he moved up to fight Bernard because that's the kind of champion he was.
              If Floyd had half the balls as Oscar this fight would be made.
              They met at a catch weight my point of the dlh example was to point out when you call out someone cash cow or not you do what you need to do to make the fights

Comment

I'm seriously tired of this guy. I mean don't get me wrong I watch his fights and think he has talent but he reminds me of that little rich kid who got everything handed to him at a young age now thinks he controls the world. When Manny and Floyd were about to fight I thought 50/50 why not weight gloves ring size compromise etc. When Lenard fought Hagler he had earned his stripes. When dlh was making demands he earned his stripes. Seriously wtf has Canelo done other than beat Trout which is his only good win? And if I'm not mistaken shouldn't the guy who's calling out someone be the guy willing to do whatever to make the fight? Look at Dawson him and Ward both Champs Dawson wanted the fight he called him out. Look at Floyd he wanted Oscar he moved to 154 because he called him out. Look at Oscar he wanted hopkins while catch wait he was willing to move up. The list goes on. What makes this canelo guy so special? Don't people realize they feeding a monster in the making? If he making demands now and he never even headlined a ppv imagine what kind of diva he will be once he really gets huge.
                I'm actually sick and tired of you guys crying about this weight bs. Man up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                  I'm actually sick and tired of you guys crying about this weight bs. Man up!!!
                  I swear I don't know what it is about people on this site, do any of you guys read. It's not about his weight at all, it's about his snotty nose, crappy baby diva attitude. I'm telling you Floyd is a Diva. Wait about 5 years Canelo will be him and dlh on steroids.
                  Last edited by WitherGlove; 05-28-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

1. Fair enough Floyd is a title holder there but we all know Floyd took the Oscar fight because dlh was the man at the time.

2. Cotto shouldn't be at 154 evidence how weak Trout made him look while Nelo ate his punches like skittles and knocked him down.

3. But what I'm saying is when you call someone out you should be willing to do what it takes to make the fight I gave the example with Dawson Ward, and hopkin dlh, both made concessions.

4. Canelo seems stuck on my way or the high way. I have a problem with that because literally other than Mosley and Trout most the guys smaller or unknown.

5. What has he really done to be so demanding? I have the same Problem with khan but atleast he fights guys in his weight class and got some good wins
                    1. Floyd took the oscar, and what see point #3

2. Cotto been at 154 for the past few fights now he used to it, his gassing problem he has been having since 140 he just a lazy boxer, and thats that.

3. I can give examples of other boxer moving up to defend there titles when called out, so there are precedent for both side of that discussion but when Mayweather has been clear in his stance at fighting cotto at 154 because his rival weight drained him so cotto wasnt at 100% he in return he basically admitting he doesnt want Canelo at 100% so he can have the advantage. Basically putting his foot in his mouth.

4. Canelo really hasnt made a stance, he knows mayweather uses his name to sell his PPV event and he doesnt get any money off that then a flat fee, he made a business decision to longer be fighting on mayweather card and having his name used to sell Mayweather PPV and boost his stance who cant use it against him in futher negeations.

5. Canelo is one of the top sellers in Boxing, got record breaking number on showtime along with broner, sold a massive 40k tickets in his last bout, he is the biggest boxing star in mexico I think it was something like 30 million people watched his fight. So he knows he selling power and his team knows it aswell. So canelo brings in buy power to the event and that what makes him so demanding but in reality he not demanding nothing, he just said he fight his rival at 154 at 154 or the fight is not gonna happen.

Its that cut and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifa View Post
                      1. Floyd took the oscar, and what see point #3

2. Cotto been at 154 for the past few fights now he used to it, his gassing problem he has been having since 140 he just a lazy boxer, and thats that.

3. I can give examples of other boxer moving up to defend there titles when called out, so there are precedent for both side of that discussion but when Mayweather has been clear in his stance at fighting cotto at 154 because his rival weight drained him so cotto wasnt at 100% he in return he basically admitting he doesnt want Canelo at 100% so he can have the advantage. Basically putting his foot in his mouth.

4. Canelo really hasnt made a stance, he knows mayweather uses his name to sell his PPV event and he doesnt get any money off that then a flat fee, he made a business decision to longer be fighting on mayweather card and having his name used to sell Mayweather PPV and boost his stance who cant use it against him in futher negeations.

5. Canelo is one of the top sellers in Boxing, got record breaking number on showtime along with broner, sold a massive 40k tickets in his last bout, he is the biggest boxing star in mexico I think it was something like 30 million people watched his fight. So he knows he selling power and his team knows it aswell. So canelo brings in buy power to the event and that what makes him so demanding but in reality he not demanding nothing, he just said he fight his rival at 154 at 154 or the fight is not gonna happen.

Its that cut and dry.
                      Finally someone with an intelligent response, I can respect you opinion. But as a fan of boxing. Do you honestly think Canelo has done enough to garner so much clout? I just feel like people don't have to work for anything anymore, and it makes for a weak lazy society

Comment

Working...
                      X