Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As an Andre Ward fan do you want to see him fight outside of USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this poll is anything to go by, he can only gain in popularity if he manages to go abroad.

Comment

I am a Ward fan and yes I'd like to see him travel. Why not, he ain't gonna lose anyway. Even if he's robbed, we'll still know who won.

Comment

I hope he continues to fight at home.

The Sven Ottke of this generation.

It will form the basis for a multitude of pwns in years to come. If the Ward stans seem butthurt now, then imagine how they act in a couple of years.

Comment

if enough agree to feed it then the ppl will buy it and eat it....I see whats happening with this Ward-Froch thing....anybody who thinks Ward can be dictated by Froch as to where and when they fight is just spreading a minor disease around....they take Ward's words and adjust them to fit whatever agenda they're feeding to ppl

boxing fans know...styles make fights!!...Ward's beats Froch's everyday in any country....p4p and atg rankings are not based off income or drawing power...nobody will remember who sold tickets and who didn't 20 years from now...they'll just be talking about how Ward sonned the entire division and spanked Froch with one hand to win the first ever S6 tourney....thats all!!

Comment

Yes, but not at the expense of Froch.

Comment

It's already bad enough that Kessler's sore loser fans are inflaming this thought.

Comment

I don't like Ward but I voted anyway. I voted yes he should fight outside the States now and then. He usually has the hometown advantage and the referees let him bend the rules. I can understand if he did not fight Froch in England because if he won but the fight was close I think Froch would get the win. For Ward to get the win over Froch in England he would have to win big. Froch has been fighting very well lately and a rusty Ward may not be able to beat him by a large enough margin to get the win in England. I think Montreal would be a good neutral place for the Ward-Froch fight. They could have the fight in Germany, Mexico or any other neutral country. The fight makes the most money in England but Ward may feel he won't be treated fairly. Froch may feel the same way about fighting Ward in the States.

Comment

ward can fight in oakland for the rest of his career, so long as he keeps winning.

i don't remember past american greats needing to go overseas to prove themselves. not roy jones. not bernard hopkins. not sweetpea whitaker. not ray leonard. not mike tyson.

if you think you can beat the american pound for pound champ then do it in oakland. period.

Comment

I'd like to see all "world" champions fight in other countries, not just non American fighters.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

doesn't matter where he fights
                      the Oakland thing is moot, since he wins so decisively
                      it's about the opponents, not the location
                      so long as Ward takes good fights, fuck where they occur
                      he's not obligated to fight abroad, he owned everyone in the S6

Comment

Working...
                      X