Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: I Told Ward He Could Put a Glass Eye To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    When was Froch ever on PPV? If I remember correctly I believe I even watched the Bute fight on Epix. I also have a few casual boxing fans in my own family that don't know who Froch is.
    You're right.

Froch was mismanaged before joining Matchroom. Under Hennessy his fights were only ever shown on Showtime and Sky Sports, with little-to-no publicity.

Eddie Hearn has made Carl a PPV star here in the UK.

Comment

Last I checked, it was called the "super middleweight championship of the WORLD", not the super middleweight championship of "exciting." And until Froch beats Ward, he'll never be the one that matters, no matter how many paper trinkets he picks up and arenas he fills.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Last I checked, it was called the "super middleweight championship of the WORLD", not the super middleweight championship of "exciting." And until Froch beats Ward, he'll never be the one that matters, no matter how many paper trinkets he picks up and arenas he fills.
        Again, you're right; but Froch himself says he wants to be in 'exciting' 'fan-friendly' fights. Andre Ward is not associated with either.

Comment

shut up Froch -- how exciting were YOU when you lost to Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by The Slaughter View Post
            Jabbed his way to victory agains Kessler?? sure he jabbed, but that fight he headbutted his way to victory. While I hate Ward for not giving Kessler a clean fight I agree with you on everything else, he didnt fight dirty since that fight. Im sure he knew Kessler was the biggest thread to him and in his own backyard he could get away with his dirty tactics, so smart move after all.
            I give Froch the punchers chance but I cant see him pulling that off unless Ward gets too ****y. IMO Ward can toy with Froch all night, but if he really wants to put him out he can.
            I just watched the Ward-Kessler fight and I saw one blatant head butt. I personally would not have had a problem with ward losing a point for the one. However, please point out the other four that I keep hearing about. I also don't understand why the fight was stopped considering the fact that the cuts on Kessler were not even bleeding all that much. As far as the clinching Kessler was in fact initiating a lot of it himself, I believe out of frustration. If you also watch it closely Ward was actually letting his hands go quite often while they were clinched.

Comment

Originally posted by mshap View Post
              shut up Froch -- how exciting were YOU when you lost to Ward?
              How exciting was Ward when he beat Froch. Answer: not very.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                I just watched the Ward-Kessler fight and I saw one blatant head butt. I personally would not have had a problem with ward losing a point for the one. However, please point out the other four that I keep hearing about. I also don't understand why the fight was stopped considering the fact that the cuts on Kessler were not even bleeding all that much. As far as the clinching Kessler was in fact initiating a lot of it himself, I believe out of frustration. If you also watch it closely Ward was actually letting his hands go quite often while they were clinched.
                What about the 85+ clinches?

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  USA has hockey, basketball, baseball, and the grand daddy football. UK has what soccer and......
                  What a stupid fu cking argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    USA has hockey, basketball, baseball, and the grand daddy football. UK has what soccer and......

I dont mind the fight in the UK cause crowds are like soccer crowds and thsts fun but as for drawing its a different animal in both countries. Ive mentioned it before that ward has the clear victory so if a 35 year old is happy with money over legacy than i have no problem. He just became big so no need to fight a fight he cant win.
                    so u saying andre wont really sell because usa has hockey,baseball,basketball and football? so why did Oscar sell? why does canelo fill arena's? why did pac bring in huge crowds? and some of these are not from usa,,don't use that as an excuse,i just can't see ward causing an excitement at a weigh in like pac did,i can't see him getting people excited about an upcoming fight of his,i can't see him causing a buzz in vegas,they can promote him like they do canelo,he still wont sell

Comment

lulz........

Comment

Working...
                      X