Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nacho; Matthysse is The Best 140-Pounder in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nacho trying to line up a fight with matthysse? that would be an interesting fight

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      Movement and countering beats Matthysse. Standing and trying to trade don't. Peterson was on Jack Ass mode if he thought he could out bang Matthysse. He talked a good game but fell short. I'm picking Garcia if the fight happens. Garcia is a strong young kid with a good punch. He knows how to exploit holes. If he doesn't get too wild like he did with Judah then he beats Matthysse but if he gives any openings for Matthysse to land cleanly then it could be lights out.
      Movement is key and you're picking Garcia? I struggle with the logic of that one. Regarding Peterson, I don't think he ever thought he could bang with Matthysse. He thought he could circle on the outside initially but he gradually found that he was walking into Matthysse shots. Matthysse did a pretty good job of cutting off the ring which had a lot to do with this.

When he moved inside, it was under the illusion that his inside game was as good as everyone said it was and that he could smnother Matthysse, but when it came down to it Matthysse out-hustled him.

I think Garcia is well capable of landing some very good counters on Matthysse, but he is going to get hit a lot himself. The idea that he has good enough feet to stay away from Matthysse is complete fantasy. His only hope is hurting Matthysse early, or proving to have an astonishingly good beard himself. He certainly does have a good chin, but good enough to stay in the pocket with Matthysse? I very much doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
        Matthysse should be undefeated, but unfortunately because of bad judging he's not..
        mathysse got out pointed in both his defeats.he put judah and alexander down,but you have to fight the full fight. some rounds mathysse did'nt do crap.the fights were close.

Comment

Danny garcia is number 1 hes the undefeated unified champ and knockout the best 140 pounder in amir khan at the time lucas just got his biggest win last weekend give me a break lol he lost to judah and devon lucas will lose to garcia in sept

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            You're damn right Nacho
            If he is so great why aren't they trying to get him to fight ward? The reason I ask is because a lot of you want Floyd to give up 25-30lbs on fight night vs canelo. Why don't you guys ask this of other so called "great fighters"?

Comment

Originally posted by retnuocllup View Post
              nacho trying to line up a fight with matthysse? that would be an interesting fight
              Matthyse would retire jmm

Comment

Not until he beats Garcia for me..I will say tho,he's clearly the num 1 ranked Jr WW..Still can't get over how he handled Peterson..One of the most impressive victory's of the yr imo...

Comment

matthysse is a bum. He got wooped by judah thats sad.

Comment

Nacho knows his **** about baxin!

Comment

Dont know if anybof u watch golpe a golpe on espn with jmm and he said he would probably favor garcia a bit bcuz hes a little better boxer...but i hope danny does take the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X