Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch-Kessler II was a "Fight of the Year" Candidate? Are you kidding me?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    This was a tired lazy jab with no pop and none of them fighting or dodging. It was boring. Not even close to the same but thank you for mentioning floyd. You justcant seem to stop thinking about him.
    dude this aint some cherry pick fighter like floyd does so u see pops every time floyd lands a jab on his weak arse chineed cherry's

this two fighters got iron chinss
    which if one of this guys lands a jab on ur dumb face could get u killed

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
      I'm sorry but Carl Froch is not that good IMO.
      He's overrated, just talks a good game. His punches are wide, and he slaps with punches too much. It was a good fight, but saw nothing that makes me excited to see him fight ward or think he's some kind of excellent boxer, he is a good euro fighter not a boxer. But congrats to him and Kessler for putting on a good fight. Hell he even said he watched how ward handled Kessler. He learned something from ward in order to beat Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
        dude this aint some cherry pick fighter like floyd does so u see pops every time floyd lands a jab on his weak arse chineed cherry's

this two fighters got iron chinss
        which if one of this guys lands a jab on ur dumb face could get u killed
        Still talking about floyd. Your obsessed!

Green and taylor say the chins arent so iron. But if you thought this sloppy fight, good at moments, mainly late in fight, was FOTY then to each his own.

Comment

It was a great fight, far superior in excitement than the Floyd fight. I think that people who are used to defending Floyd will downgrade the fight. Floyd lands a handful of isolated lead rights with mediocre pop and then they proclaim him the greatest. He runs and evades masterfully though.

These fighters trade bombs and take them and don't run. Iron chin, will and great conditioning on display. I used to not think a whole lot of Froch but I see what makes him good. He is superbly conditioned. He works, even if it is not pretty and he has a great chin. That is the type of fight that keeps me interested and on the edge of my seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Berto Ortiz was not a great full fight tbh,and not to mention laying on the ropes does not equate to a great fight..Which Berto did for the most of the 2end half of the fight..

IMO Rios Acosta was fight of the yr that yr,Or at least should have been..Hell even Hernan Marquez - Luis Concepcion should have won over Ortiz Berto as well..
            Agreed, but idiots just loved the knockdowns in that fight. The other two fights were better.

Comment

Green and taylor say the chins arent so iron. But if you thought this sloppy fight, good at moments, mainly late in fight, was FOTY then to each his own.
              Im lauging at floyd jockies like u who find action fights to be boring
              Thats the last thing id expect from a d!ckrider to say

Comment

So they been put down once each in their careers and thats it, I would say they have iron chins.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
                  So they been put down once each in their careers and thats it, I would say they have iron chins.
                  That dude is perfect example of a d!ckrider
                  So he thinks marquez has weak chinned now
                  The guy been knock down almost every fight :/

Im still laughing at him finding this fight boring
                  I bet he will have so much fun watching someone catching a chicken

Comment

They're competitive and match up with each other to make a good fight but........................both of these guys are "ordinary" at best!! They skill levels are not good, they're both awkward and theres nothing that flows (footwork, combinations, defense) because a fight has some excitement in it doesn't make "great"! Its hard for me to realize that those two fellows are in the top twenty let alone top five!!! The guy in the black (Foch) had the WORST jab I've EVER seen!!! The other guy (blue trunks) refused to put his ballz down and make the extra effort to win!! He had the better technique but not the will to win!
                    Don't mean to down grade these youngmen at all but anyone who thinks these guys are talented must be under 30 years old and they simply haven't seen high caliber fights other than Mayweather & Hopkins and those guys RUN! Ray.

Comment

I just saw two unskilled euro bums fighting each other. Nothing special or fight of the year about it at all. Damn, boxing has regressed so much when people consider these bums good fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X