No announcement yet.

freddie roach "win or lose, mannys only got a few fights left"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    I hope that espn article about financial problems was bs. I don't want manny to go the way of rjj.
    I agree. I hate seeing fighters leave the sport broken, shells of their former selves. I hate seeing fighters being forced to stay in the sport because they're broke too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      I hope that espn article about financial problems was bs. I don't want manny to go the way of rjj.
      The irony in that...RJJ is his favorite boxer

Comment

As a big Pacquiao fan I hope he looks great and KOs Rios. I like Rios but I like Pacquiao more. If he can't KO Rios or at least beat the hell out of him then he has really gone down hill and should retire. He suffered that brutal KO and he has been out a long time. He has so much politics on his plate that I don't know what to expect from him. If he looks great then I would like to see him get rematches with Bradley and Marquez and then retire.

Comment

MannyP's contract with Tio Rank was extended until the end of 2014. This will give him time to have about 3-4 more fights maximum. I don't believe that he will take a fight without Top Rank promoting for him. My understanding is that he believes in loyalty and credits Bob Arum with his global fame and success.

Of course Cotto, who was with Top Rank for his whole career, said the same thing, and thanked Top Rank profusely. Then he got Golden Balls to arrange his next few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            Pac has 0 fights left, he's done
            Rios will make the point, and hopefully Pac will get it
            the piss drinker KO was lethal, but it came in a great fight
            that shoulda been good enough for him to go out on
            gonna suck if he gets hurt bad against Rios, wish he'd just retire now
            Is there any fighter who's come back after a brutal knockout the way Manny's planning to?

Comment

Roach was talking about his retirement back in 2009. I think we will see Pac fight for 5+ years, sadly.

Comment

Working...
              X