No announcement yet.

Lucas Mattysse is hands down the hardest puncher @ 140lb I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XxLeftHook_ View Post
    The same thing was said about pacquiao a few years ago. Don't get me wrong Matthysse is a beast for now, but eventually his punching power will decline like so many other boxers who solely relied on their power..he better take advantage while it last, because without his power he can't box worth ****
    Lucas is a very good boxer. He very effectively goes to the body and sets up traps, just look at the first KD.

Why is it every time there's a hard puncher, he "cant box"

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      Lucas hasnt even hit his peak yet and your talking about his decline jesus, EVERY fighters attributes will eventually decline lol, and fortunately for lucas power is the last thing that usually goes. And yes lucas can box actually.
      When did I say he reached his peak? Power speed reflexes eventually fade ..but skills dont why do you think marquez hopkins mayweather mostly rely on..its not their attributes, but their boxing skills..and and this case when Matthysse losses his power he wont have anything else to rely on

Comment

Come on man if you really know about boxing theres no need for me to explain why? But heres just a few things he swings too wildy his footwork is poor ( he does cut the ring good I admit ) he doesnt counter effectively when he has opportunities...I'm not trying to take anything from the guy he is a monster, but without that power marquez, floyd and any pure boxer would school him
        He counters very effectively and his foot work is very good for a guy who has rather slow handspeed. He isnt a counter puncher because everybody is running away from him. Please watch some of his fights, you're just reaching from your ass at this point

Comment

The same thing was said about pacquiao a few years ago. Don't get me wrong Matthysse is a beast for now, but eventually his punching power will decline like so many other boxers who solely relied on their power..he better take advantage while it last, because without his power he can't box worth ****
          I dont think his power will decline at all. He doesnt have the snappy explosive power like Manny or Roy Jones etc Lucas hits much more liembig george foreman, not ver explosive by every single punch seems to have an effect no matter how slow the punch is.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            He counters very effectively and his foot work is very good for a guy who has rather slow handspeed. He isnt a counter puncher because everybody is running away from him. Please watch some of his fights, you're just reaching from your ass at this point
            he KO'd Mike Dllas with a pull counter, Mike Dallas isn't a world beater but that KO was extremely impressive.

Comment

Come on man if you really know about boxing theres no need for me to explain why? But heres just a few things he swings too wildy his footwork is poor ( he does cut the ring good I admit ) he doesnt counter effectively when he has opportunities...I'm not trying to take anything from the guy he is a monster, but without that power marquez, floyd and any pure boxer would school him
              He knocked down Peterson with a counter punch.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                He knocked down Peterson with a counter punch.
                And knocked Dallas the **** out with a counter right hand.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura storm View Post
                  And knocked Dallas the **** out with a counter right hand.
                  **** was a pull counter, that KO was very very impressive. Mike Dallas was out cold right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Are you stupid or just plain ******ed? A boxer is someone who can counter, avoid punches using footwork, adjust to his opponents...a brawler is someone with little boxing skills who just goes foward with mostly power punches...tell me dumb **** how many jabs did he threw to set up his combos or even just to keep him a distance? Exactly he chases them down to slug it out no skill involved relies on his power..gtfo..his boxing skills come no where near marquez or other boxers...

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      I wonder if lucas could dent rios' chin rios is a straight up neandrathal, if lucas could KO rios I will fully agree with you lol
                      I think Lucas would possibly KO rios pretty early. Rios was stunned a few times against Alvarado and looked on the verge of going out/down. Lucas is bigger and stronger than Alvarado plus hits way way harder, couple this with an iron chin and will to win I see Lucas beating Rios with relative ease.

Comment

Working...
                      X