Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Drills Lamont Peterson, TKO in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm watching the fight again and Matthysse's boxing skills aren't getting enough praise. Yeah he's got power but he's a very well rounded fighter.

Comment

• Hahahaha. Lucas is the man. Latino pride at its best. This fight proved two things: power punchers and people who actually attack are more exciting than " slick " boxers who actually hug and run like Mayweather, Pederson, Alexander, etc. It also proves that unknown fighters like some clowns here say that canelo has fought, are tougher than your average US fighter. Mexico and Argentina are full of good, tough as nails boxers but are unknown because they are not esposed on TV. You see clowns like Pederson abd his brother, Alexander, mayweather, etc. and actually believe they are better than what they really are.

Comment

• I hope Lucas and Danny move to 147lb and put some excitement around Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilGenius View Post
          BREAKING NEWS:
          Danny Garcia has decided to RETIRE FROM BOXING.

BREAKING NEWS:
          A man known as " Angel Garcia " has gone missing, anyone who knows the whereabouts please get in touch with Officer Lucas Matthyssse.

Thank you
          hahahaha Garcia asked Oscar is he can go on disability

Comment

• Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
            I laughed so hard when Shaefer leans in after the fight and says mattysse is the new pacqiaou loool arum must've been steaming.
            It's time for GBP to promote Lucas as a PPV attraction -- a Mike Tyson type of PPV attraction. The sport of boxing needs such a momentum...
            (No matter if one likes Mattysse or not)...

Comment

• Lucas gotta get ready for everyone to get on their bikes when they fight him... better work on cutting off that ring

Comment

• Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                Why would a Floyd fan be worried about Lucas? By your comment you're a Floyd hater.
                You hit the nail on the head I was thinking the same thing! Dude truly is a fan to bring him up on a constant basis when this fight had nothing to do with him or his weight class.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  I'm watching the fight again and Matthysse's boxing skills aren't getting enough praise. Yeah he's got power but he's a very well rounded fighter.
                  Thats the thing i dont get, he's not a brawler, he as very good boxing skill. Just look at the Judah and Devon fights. People need to lay off this "pure boxer" high horse they are on.

Comment

• Originally posted by budfr View Post
                    Hahahaha. Lucas is the man. Latino pride at its best. This fight proved two things: power punchers and people who actually attack are more exciting than " slick " boxers who actually hug and run like Mayweather, Pederson, Alexander, etc. It also proves that unknown fighters like some clowns here say that canelo has fought, are tougher than your average US fighter. Mexico and Argentina are full of good, tough as nails boxers but are unknown because they are not esposed on TV. You see clowns like Pederson abd his brother, Alexander, mayweather, etc. and actually believe they are better than what they really are.
                    If this is true than why is Floyd and Ward the top two athletes in the sport? And Floyd being the highest paid? If he was so boring how come so many people are paying to watch him?

Can you explain that to me? You argument says that people rather watch guys like that, than why is Floyd the highest paid and draws the most viewers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Thats the thing i dont get, he's not a brawler, he as very good boxing skill. Just look at the Judah and Devon fights. People need to lay off this "pure boxer" high horse they are on.
                      I actually disagree. I honestly like Matthysse and wanted him to finish Alexander, but he couldn't shut the door and made it a close fight. No doubt he has sold boxing skills, but they aren't great. Alexander and Judah made it a close fight with their boxing skill and movement. He has a hard time with movement.

If you watch the first round of the Peterson fight, he was missing LP with wild shots. For some reason LP stopped running in round 2 and fought, which made Mattysse look better. if LP would have used his legs, fight may have been different, (although im not saying LP would have won.) In round 2 he actually swung and fell down. This was before the KD. While he does have decent boxing skills, they are decent at best. He is more of a Maidana style fighter. Only fighter that had as much power and good boxing skills was Edwin Valero. Mattysse is an upgraded version of Maidana. I like him and think he is actually undefeated, but he definitely needs to work on his boxing more than his brawling and definitely work on some movement.

Comment

Working...
                      X