No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Drills Lamont Peterson, TKO in Three

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
    I agree he was throwing wild, but I think that had more to do with nervous and trying to impress in such a big fight. Once he did settle down he landed a perfect right hand counter on the inside and during a exchange.

When I say slick, I mean he's not just crude power puncher, he does have a few tricks up his sleeve to land his power shots. He feinted that soft right hand to the body and threw a perfect overhand right. It was slick enough for Lamont to fall for it.

He's able to time guys and that's a very important aspect in boxing. He timed short right hanf perfectly between Peterson's own punch and that's why he got the knockout tonight.
    Yes sir. I agree...I do not regard him as a crude brawler. It's kinda the same as I see GGG (although I think GGG is a better boxer) But they are so offensive minded they abandon defense & can be pulled into traps. But a disciplined mover who can force misses & kinda stunt the power by position...smother it some...force them backwrds etc. all the while beating them to the punch w/ hard shots & combos. Each time mont got knocked down he was pulling out &/or trying to punch at the same time. I just really think this fight could've been won by Lamont.Look at how bernard kept walking away from Cloud...Better yet how Campillo beat him from the pocket w/ movement mixed w/ an aggressive offense. I'm just disappointed by this one from mont....Props to Lucas. i really like him as well

Comment

• Originally posted by Starz20 View Post
      What knock out was worse... this tonight or pac being sleep for a few minutes?? You let me know lol! Did the knock out tonight give you flash backs? Lol dare I say the name.... MARQUEZ
      You can't compare the two knockouts, one involved to high class warriors throwing with everythign they had. One was winning and got caught coming in.

The other involved one guy with monsterous power and the other guy trying to box. When the other guy tried to exchange he was dropped. Had he got up and tried to insert himself like Manny did after being knocked down, then maybe he would have been too.
      Last edited by The Comic DON; 05-18-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• Lamont looked lost. To say I'm surprised, would be an understatement, really surprising. Kudos to Lucas. Loved Swift's reaction. He will check that chin and then we shall see. Internet warriors questioning Garcia is ***in comical stuff...

Comment

• Originally posted by bopbopbbe View Post
          If you compare the Judahs fights with garcia and matthysse.
          Judah definetly was doing damage to Garcia towards the late rounds. Matthysse ate some clean shots from Judah and laughed. Its clear who has the better chin.
          I watched both those fights, you have a point but Judah landed alot more quality punches on Garcia add that to the fact that they came late in the fight when some fatigue has set in where as against lucas his best punches were landed early on. It's difficult to say but that is why the fight needs to happen cause it doesn't matter who took Judah's shots better what matters is who will take each others shot better.

Comment

• Broner will never be accidently accused of having a lick of sense. If someone does mistaken him for that, he needs to sue them for achieving the impossible .>>>>>>>>
            [QUOTE=batista84;13389518]You know what's funny? Broner He was sayin along with his stupid band camp "Oh man, C'mon, easy money for Peterson" lol at those stupid dudes includin Broner, My bet is that Broner wont move to 140 for a while, mark my words.
            QUOTE]
            Last edited by richardt; 05-18-2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
              You can't compare the two knockouts, one involved to high class warriors throwing with everythign they had. One was winning and got caught coming in.

The other involved one guy with monsterous power and the other guy trying to box. When the other guy tried to exchange he was dropped. Had he got up and tried to insert himself like Manny did after being knocked down, then maybe he would have been too.

Maybe we might not know! Lucas has power for sure though... But for pac to be knocked out like he was and you support him how can you talk about a person who got up before the 10 count?

Pac was sleep and got woke up with salt, Peterson got rocked but didn't have to get woke up. With that being said Lucas is the man at 140 for sure right now.

Comment

• García picked Peterson not because he actually thought Peterson could win, but that's who he was hoping would win, cause he didn't want to have to face Matthysse! When this fight gets done, I pick Matthysse by TKO after the 7th & wouldn't be surprised if García Sr. steps in & stops the fight himself.. Matthysse is going to pound the S H I T out of García...

Comment

• Ko artist Lucas matthysse

Lucas ko's Danny Garcia easy, can't wait!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
                    Yes sir. I agree...I do not regard him as a crude brawler. It's kinda the same as I see GGG (although I think GGG is a better boxer) But they are so offensive minded they abandon defense & can be pulled into traps. But a disciplined mover who can force misses & kinda stunt the power by position...smother it some...force them backwrds etc. all the while beating them to the punch w/ hard shots & combos. Each time mont got knocked down he was pulling out &/or trying to punch at the same time. I just really think this fight could've been won by Lamont.Look at how bernard kept walking away from Cloud...Better yet how Campillo beat him from the pocket w/ movement mixed w/ an aggressive offense. I'm just disappointed by this one from mont....Props to Lucas. i really like him as well
                    Agreed. But who you think would win between Garcia and Lucas. I'm picking Lucas but only if he doesn't fall in love with his power and start looking for one punch.

On another note Danny Boy looked a bit nervous, I'm not saying he's scared but he was certainly concerned.

Comment

• GB has good 140-7 fighters right now. Congrats to them. Now only if they could get people to hop in a mini tournament. The line up is salivating:

Broner
                      Matthysee
                      Peterson
                      Khan
                      Garcia
                      Judah
                      J. Lopez
                      Alexander

Now how ideal would it be to see those fight the winner of:

Rios
                      Provodnikov
                      Pacquiao
                      Bradley
                      Marquez
                      Alvarado

Eliminating the weaker ones would be left with:

Broner
                      Matthysee
                      Garcia
                      Lopez
                      Pacquiao
                      Marquez
                      Rios
                      Alvarado

Didn't care to include the name of the unnamed coward.

Comment

Working...
                      X