No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Virgil Hunter: Mayweather's Performance is Real Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Although dominant, I wouldn't call floyds pot shotting, holding, and evading performance against Robert "real boxing". Real boxing is when you canmake your opponent miss by bobbing and weaving while making him pay all while not getting on your bicycle and running to the other side of the ring to avoid taking punches.

but im willing to bet you call yourself a "real boxing fan" to your peeps, and i bet they believe you. shame...

Comment

It's amazing how calm Mayweather can be in the line of fire to pull off the shots with great timing and accuracy.

Comment

Canelo is not the type of fighter anyone would/should duck. He's 23 and still has a lot of challenges at 154. If the fight can't be made now, he has guys that he can fight. At least the "Floyd ducking Canelo" comments aren't as bad as it was with Pac. That had to be the worst time to post. Not a true boxing fan entertained the thought of posting when Pac was elevated by his fans.

Comment

Exact reason why Virgil Hunters fighters win most of the time; and the guy who call it boring can't seem to buy a victory right now coughs Freddie Roach.

Comment

If Mayweather's boxing is real boxing then god forbin what Virgil Hunter thinks of Amir Khan ahaha!
            Chicken strutting and running for dear life so the opponent doesn't touch his whiskers and make him crumple down like a sack of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              but im willing to bet you call yourself a "real boxing fan" to your peeps, and i bet they believe you. shame...
              Dude is fronting, because Fraud Gayweather was mentioned, the usual.

Comment

It's just a shame that Mayweather didn't throw follow-ups to those right hands and get Guerrero out of there. I know he hurt his hand, but I wonder if he treated it as practice for Alvarez as well. He'd want to fight the same way, land a good clean shot and move.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Now this is a good observation if this true. I didn't even look at those numbers.
                  That's definitely the case. Re-watch round 8, Floyd increased his power punch activity. He was landing some really hard shots on Guerrero, to the point where Guerrero was backing up at the end of the round. Ghost had no idea where or when the punches were coming. 23/30 power shots vs 2/24 jabs. However, one of the very few weakness Floyd has are his hands. And he says it was around Round 8-10 where he messed it up. He probably thought it was broken so the punches he threw after didn't have the same power. I think if he had more confidence in the health of his hands, we'd see the KO's...even when throwing single punches at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    What Rigo did to donaire was "real boxing"

What Hopkins did to Pavlik was "real boxing"

Etc...

What Floyd did to Guerrero was "safe boxing"

Floyd could have done so much more to the lesser guerrero but chose not to. He was satisfied with scoring with just one punch and done when in reality he had opportunities to open up on him and chose not to.
                    Last edited by Deevel916; 05-17-2013, 11:04 AM.

Comment

it does seem like hes taking another subtle jab at roach because roach is the ultimate rock em sock em robots trainer in boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X