Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I admire Calzaghe, I really do. But let's be real...Ward would sweep him 12 rounds to none. It is what it is. He fought a bunch of Euro bums and his name victories were with fighters way past their prime. He can try and make an argument now and its a discussion worth having, but when Ward retires and you compare their careers it'll be clear as day. Sorry Joe, you're only the best SMW champ in history because it's a brand new division. At the end of Ward's career you will be the consensus #2 on the All-time SMW list.

Comment

I don't think so.

Comment

Agreed.

Calzaghe was so under rated...

Undefeated legend.

Comment

Originally posted by CAPT AMSTERDAM View Post
          ward couldn't deal with the workrate , ward has good timing to cancel joe's speed but you have to remember joe had great timing aswell. ward would close the distance but joe being joe he always found a way to win , what i still find astounding is people still forget that joe could pack a punch aswell(he didn't get britel hands for nothing) either way we all know it would go 12 rounds and i firmly believe that joe would of beaten ward in what would of been a brilliant fight , just a shame there paths never crossed.
          yeah people who throw thousands of inaccurate slappy punches do so because they have great timing.

Comment

Originally posted by ma51f View Post
            Agreed.

Calzaghe was so under rated...

Undefeated legend.
            Trust the Khantard to agree with Joe being the best super middleweight!

Joe's the greatest cherry picker ever, even worse than Floyd Mayweather.

Next you'll be telling me Amir Khan is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
              I admire Calzaghe, I really do. But let's be real...Ward would sweep him 12 rounds to none. It is what it is. He fought a bunch of Euro bums and his name victories were with fighters way past their prime. He can try and make an argument now and its a discussion worth having, but when Ward retires and you compare their careers it'll be clear as day. Sorry Joe, you're only the best SMW champ in history because it's a brand new division. At the end of Ward's career you will be the consensus #2 on the All-time SMW list.
              Time will tell but one point is Ward is now starting to be injury prone is currently having a long lay off who knows how long he will be around so that may not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                Time will tell but one point is Ward is now starting to be injury prone is currently having a long lay off who knows how long he will be around so that may not be the case.
                ward hurt his hands because he's a power puncher. ward and calzaghe 2 huge power punchers. someone's going down in the first round out cold.

Comment

I would pick him to beat Ward also.

Comment

Calzaghe would duck Ward like b.itch... he's as good a cherry picker as Cherrypicker Jr

Comment

I'd pick Calzaghe to beat Ward any day, he had the ability to change his game to beat any opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X