Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo looking to improve his strength & conditioning possibly with Ariza or Heredia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo looking to improve his strength & conditioning possibly with Ariza or Heredia

Edit: According to twitter Alex Ariza confirms he will indeed work with Canelo.

Sources close to the information have informed us that unified jr. middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez is looking to make some changes to his team prior to his expected return to the ring this September. Evidently, Alvarez was not pleased with his conditioning in his last bout, a 12-round unanimous decision victory over previously undefeated Austin Trout.

"From what I was told, some of his people reached out to a couple guys; Angel [Heredia] and Alex [Ariza] I heard. I don't think either one is available though because their plates are full, but the kid is looking for help," one source commented.

Whether or not Alvarez does indeed hire a new strength and conditioning coach remains to be seen. Unfortunately for him, however, the two hottest coaches in boxing, Angel Heredia and Alex Ariza, will likely be unavailable to fill that role. Heredia will already be working with Juan Manuel Marquez as he prepares for his own September return against Timothy Bradley [a bout that might even be televised head-to-head with Canelo's return if Floyd Mayweather elects not to fight on that date]. Likewise, Alex Ariza will also be busy preparing Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. for an already tentatively scheduled August return that may end up being pushed back to September as well.

FloydHype
    Last edited by thuggery; 05-17-2013, 02:57 AM.

He gets better stamina and more stronger, he will be a scary dude!

Comment

It appears as though Canelo will be working with Alex Ariza.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        It appears as though Canelo will be working with Alex Ariza.
        good choice pac-tards will love this

Comment

Canelo is smart! It's good that he notices this, so young in his career. He will make the necessary changes and be better for it.

Comment

Alvarez going hard for the Pact*rd crowd. Gotta love them Ariza shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Alvarez going hard for the Pact*rd crowd. Gotta love them Ariza shakes.
              ariza might sneaks some steroids in the shakes.

Comment

donaire's strenght coach seems good too

Comment

What is Ariza's resume aside from Roach fighters? What are his other notable achievements in high level sport? Makes me nervous when I see these fighters gravitate towards coaches who don't seem to have the resumes to justify it. Ariza does have Pacquiao on his CV I suppose, that's probably enough to keep him in work for a long time by itself.

Comment

oh great.

canelo about to get on that gear.

Comment

Working...
                    X