No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chart: Floyd Mayweather is Easily Highest Paid Athlete

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    How do they get $90 million? $32 million x2 = $64 million. Floyd isn't fighting 3 times in a year.
    That's what I thought, but then remembered he earned a total of $40 mill for each of his fights against Ortiz and Cotto, which is $80mill. The Showtime deal might be guaranteeing him an even larger amount of PPV money, which is why he signed the deal in the first place. I don't think he'd go to Showtime to get the same amount HBO was paying him, i'm pretty sure he knows HBO has more subscribers and would benefit his views more. So he must have been guaranteed some extra money from PPV/gate revenue.

Comment

People are forgetting that this is the pre tax figure and not take home money. Floyd gets taxed at rate of 39 percent. This means that from his $32 mil purse for the Guerrero bout what he actually took home was around 20.5mil. Then minus another 2-3 mil or so for training expenses, cut man, trainer, etc. Floyds take home was around 17mil for that bout. I didn't factor in ppv revenue because I refuse to believe Espinosa when he says the fight did over a mil when tthere's about 3 different sources claiming that it didn't even come close.

All in all, still a tremendous payday for 1 night.
      Last edited by Deevel916; 05-15-2013, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
        People are forgetting that this is the pre tax figure and not take home money. Floyd gets taxed at rate of 39 percent. This means that from his $32 mil purse for the Guerrero bout what he actually took home was around 20.5mil. Then minus another 2-3 mil or so for training expenses, cut man, trainer, etc. Floyds take home was around 17mil for that bout. I didn't factor in ppv revenue because I refuse to believe Espinosa when he says the fight did over a mil when tthere's about 3 different sources claiming that it didn't even come close.

Yea, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
          Dude, Rios is coming off of a LOSS, is a SMALLER FIGHTER. As a matter of fact, he is coming off of a loss at only his SECOND fight at 140! Never fought at welterweight.
          Who the *** cares??!!!! Anyone who thinks Pac vs Rios won't be an exciting fight is full of crap. It will be an action fight and last I checked, there was no law forcing you to watch it. Watch something else, like reruns of some boring fights.

Comment

something that the jealous haters can't hate on. the numbers don't lie.

Comment

love him or hate him that is dam impressive its almost double number 2 crazy.

Comment

the fact that he's the top earning athlete should make boxing fans proud. of course i wouldn't expect that here.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  How do they get $90 million? $32 million x2 = $64 million. Floyd isn't fighting 3 times in a year.
                  At least 32 million, as in the amount will increase when the ppv sales are taken into consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrillionaire View Post
                    Yea, I bet.
                    Dan Rafael @ espn

Kevin iole @ yahoo sports

Tommy Canez @ btalk. Com

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post

who cares they all do

Comment

Working...
                      X