Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this proof that Roberto Duran was using PEDs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow, it I would assume they meant Steroids!
    What else do you inject that makes someone stronger and quicker?? Kool Aid?

Comment

If those words came out of his mouth then yes.

Comment

Did he take it to lose weight or be stronger and faster? We don't know what he was given or if it was illegal, it could have been on the permitted list for all we know.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          I have top level show horses and it was probably Winstrol...which is, in fact, an anabolic steroid.
          I would guess Boldenone.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
            Did he take it to lose weight or be stronger and faster? We don't know what he was given or if it was illegal, it could have been on the permitted list for all we know.
            did you even read the quote? he clearly said they gave him that to make him stronger and faster, the same injection they gave to horses. Obviously they dont give injections to horses to make them lose weight.

Also its obviously illegal. Any injection which purpose is to make you stronger or faster is a performance enhancing drug aka PED

Comment

It doesn't sound like steriods. It sounds like a diuretic. It made him very sick so it didn,t help him. Duran was a great fighter because of natural ability, stamina and toughness combined with courage and hard training. He did not use or need steriods in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldMoney91 View Post
                did you even read the quote? he clearly said they gave him that to make him stronger and faster, the same injection they gave to horses. Obviously they dont give injections to horses to make them lose weight.

Also its obviously illegal. Any injection which purpose is to make you stronger or faster is a performance enhancing drug aka PED
                Furosemide is given to horses and is a diuretic (Chavez Jr got caught using it a few years ago) so obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

The statements given for taking the drug are completely different, Duran doesn't know what he had taken and i doubt they would tell him it was going to make him weaker even if it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  Furosemide is given to horses and is a diuretic (Chavez Jr got caught using it a few years ago) so obviously you don't know what you're talking about.

The statements given for taking the drug are completely different, Duran doesn't know what he had taken and i doubt they would tell him it was going to make him weaker even if it was.
                  Furosemide isnt something given to horses to make them stronger or faster though.
                  now why would they want to make him weaker? If Duran had problems with making the weight and they said they have an injection for him he would know right away that the injection isnt something to make him stronger and faster. The fact that they told him they would inject him with a PED and he accepted is enough proof that he was willing to cheat, even if it didnt have the expected effects
                  Last edited by OldMoney91; 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTown View Post
                    I would guess Boldenone.
                    Yeah i forgot about Boldenone/Equipoise...it could be that too. Plenty of MMA and boxing guys have been caught for it in the past IIRC.

If i wanted to get yolked I could just go into my horses's medicine cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by OldMoney91 View Post
                      Furosemide isnt something given to horses to make them stronger or faster though.
                      now why would they want to make him weaker? If Duran had problems with making the weight and they said they have an injection for him he would know right away that the injection isnt something to make him stronger and faster. The fact that they told him they would inject him with a PED and he accepted is enough proof that he was willing to cheat, even if it didnt have the expected effects
                      If he was given something to lose weight his camp wouldn't want him to know that it might make him weaker because that would affect him mentally. Duran doesn't know what he was given, but he knows that it didn't make him stronger or faster it had the complete opposite effect. How likely is it that something that makes people stronger and faster actually makes them weaker? Use your brain FFS.

Comment

Working...
                      X