Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lamont Peterson Discusses a Possible Khan Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the last part there,Giving Diaz credit.He def. deserved it but I havn't heard anyone else saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think the point deductions were fair.

He was warned multiple times for blatant pushing, he was even given more than 1 last warning.
      I agree with this..

Comment

What was odd to me was in the Garcia vs Judah fight, Smoger actually was telling Zab to push Garcia off of him whenever Zab would complain or go to clinch

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
          What was odd to me was in the Garcia vs Judah fight, Smoger actually was telling Zab to push Garcia off of him whenever Zab would complain or go to clinch
          I thought he was telling them to fight out of the clinch. Smoger's a ref who always tells the fighters to fight out of the clinch, he doesn't want to break them up unless he has to.

The ref for Khan-Peterson was questionable, but every ref is different. When the ref that night is warning you over and over to stop shoving, and you don't listen, don't be surprised when you get penalized. It's not like fighters have never been penalized for pushing.

Comment

I absolutely think the points were warranted...it was an illegal tactic that hindered peterson from working inside legally...if not for the CONSTANT pushing. Petetson wouldve been able to continue the inside work...furthermore khan pushed because he couldnt legally get him off him...rematch only if he loses to matthyse....big if though

Comment

Originally posted by marsatari View Post
              I absolutely think the points were warranted...it was an illegal tactic that hindered peterson from working inside legally...if not for the CONSTANT pushing. Petetson wouldve been able to continue the inside work...furthermore khan pushed because he couldnt legally get him off him...rematch only if he loses to matthyse....big if though
              at least one definitely was warranted. But two? And even with the deductions taken into the account, the fight was about even, if it were held in Britain no way Peterson would have gotten the nod.

Comment

Comment

Hmm...he wants Khan for a nice pay day, yet he wants to make it appear he's not chasing Khan. Khan chased him like hell in the rematch and Pederson made things difficult. He got caught cheating. He would have made his first million dollars. Now he wants Khan's attention again. Great. I make him beg this time if I were Khan.

Comment

Not a fan of either fighter, but a rematch still would be fun to watch. Just so they don't use that novice goofball ref Joseph Cooper again, and don't have the fight in DC. And mandatory drug tests throughout. Then it would be fair. A rematch in England or Vegas would be a big fight. But it would be a loud fight, since both fighters yell every time they throw a punch. Never understood that, but, hey whatever floats yer boat I guess. HA

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      I think the point deductions were fair.

He was warned multiple times for blatant pushing, he was even given more than 1 last warning.
                      Yeah I agree. He got plenty of warnings and never stopped doing it.

How can it be fair for a guy to take the punishment necessary to get inside where he can work, and then just have the other guy push him out again because he can't fihgt inside himself?

The pushing was unfair to Peterson, he was beating Khan on the inside and working hard to keep the fight in there. Khan had no answer except to foul him over and over again, and he had the point deductions coming to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X