No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin: Tyson and Holyfield Are Expected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Klitschko-Povetkin: Tyson and Holyfield Are Expected

The Vice President of the Professional Boxing Federation of Russia, Andrei Ryabinsky, said that he plans to invite a number of legendary boxers to the fall showdown between WBO/IBF/IBO/WBA heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (60-3, 50KOs) and mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin (25-0, 17KOs). The event will take place in Moscow, Russia.

To seal the deal, Povetkin must defeat Andrzej Wawrzyk on May 17th, also in Moscow.

Ryabinsky says former champion Mike Tyson and Evander Holyfield are going to attend Klitschko-Povetkin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Isn't it a little early to start using Tyson and Holyfields name to get publicity?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Isn't it a little early to start using Tyson and Holyfields name to get publicity?
      dude got all that $ to spend for the show - so why not?

Comment

Why would the Russians want to make such a big deal about an event where the Russian fighter is going to get KTFO? BTW, I know Wlads father is Russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
          Nothing wrong with that boxing has been using that tactic forever.

Comment

Well it's one of the biggest fights in Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
              Why would the Russians want to make such a big deal about an event where the Russian fighter is going to get KTFO? BTW, I know Wlads father is Russian.
              Because this is a huge fight and the biggest HW fight in years? This is pretty much Mayweather-PAC of the HW division. Just goes to show that Povetkin is not coming simply for a paycheck, he's coming to win and I expect him to be in the best shape of his life.

I can just imagine what the haters are going to say IF Wlad dominates Povetkin and puts on a clinic (if)
              Last edited by King_; 05-15-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                Because they're going to rob Wladimir.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  Because this is a huge fight and the biggest HW fight in years? This is pretty much Mayweather-PAC of the HW division. Just goes to show that Povetkin is not coming simply for a paycheck, he's coming to win and I expect him to be in the best shape of his life.

I can just imagine what the haters are going to say IF Wlad dominates Povetkin and puts on a clinic (if)
                  That's what it is. I just do see it like they do. I see it as a sheep being thrown into the lion's den.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    Because they're going to rob Wladimir.
                    I'd be shocked if Wlad doesn't stop Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X