No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo vs. Cotto, The Best Fight For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo vs. Cotto, The Best Fight For Both

World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman says a fight between WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 30KOs), and former three division king Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs), is the best option for both fighters.

Golden Boy Promotions wants to make a fight between Canelo and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) for September 14th. Sulaiman feels a Mayweather fight would be too soon for Canelo. He says the young Mexican boxer needs at least two more fights before challenging Mayweather.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I feel Canelo would put a beating on Cotto.

Comment

It sure will be a rather large payday for Cotto. (Here's to hoping he doesn't get hurt, I'll route for him anyway). But the fight does nothing for Canelo.

Comment

The same Cotto who has lost 3 of his last 6 fights, who lost to Trout (who Alvarez has just beat). Alvarez wants fucking chased if he takes that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          It sure will be a rather large payday for Cotto. (Here's to hoping he doesn't get hurt, I'll route for him anyway). But the fight does nothing for Canelo.
          I think fighting and beating Miguel Cotto gives Canelo's drawing power in the general market a boost. He will gain valuable experience in this fight. Cotto has been competitive in both losses and is still one of the most skilled boxers out there at his weight. This is a big fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
            The same Cotto who has lost 3 of his last 6 fights, who lost to Trout (who Alvarez has just beat). Alvarez wants fucking chased if he takes that fight.
            Are you going triangle theory? This is still a fresh match up and Cotto still gots some pop. Canelo I'm sure would like to fight this future HOFer while he gets the chance. At this stage of the negotiations, Floyd is demanding Canelo to fight at 147. I'd much rather see Canelo-Cotto at 154 if thats the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post

yes it does,it gets him more recognition,getting cotto(although at the end of his career) on his list is huge because don't forget they are trying to make canelo into the next ppv star,canelo already faced a tough fighter in trout,it wa a close fight but he won and still has a lot to learn,this fight fight against cotto will give him even more experience and add that name to his list to prepare him for future ppv fights,it's all about that,money,if canelo wins it's really not a huge win beause I think he's facing a fighter who has taken beatings lately and is at the end of his career,it only helps canelo for the future ppv fights,i personally would rather see him face winner of lara/angulo,but that will not bring in the money that canelo/cotto would,canelo has fans,that we know,i doubt lara or angulo do like canelo,

Comment

another thing we should see,cotto gave mayweather a pretty good fight,and canelo is no mayweather so who knows how cotto will look against canelo and he also gave trout a decent fight and trouts fight with canelo was also close,i think those two losses for cotto weren't as bad as people think,it's not like the pacquiao fight where he just got slaughtered

Comment

No. Cotto doesn't need to be getting blasted upon by a someone with Canelo's punching power. Ask Bruce Trampler and Bob Arum how well Cotto can take a solid shot. They know. Sulaiman is a transparent nationalist who will say and do anything to favor his fellow countrymen and his fraud of an organization.

Comment

Whos selling this crap

Cotto hopefully doesnt believe this garbage. Im Puerto Rican and I personally like Cotto but how he lost to Trout i dont want to see him end his career by becoming a stepping stone for Canelo. Suliman would sell his kids so his opinion means ****.

Comment

Working...
                    X