Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo vs. Cotto, The Best Fight For Both

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew Canelo vs Cotto was going to happen and I think Mayweather is going to fight Danny Garcia and then the winners of those two fight will face off next cinco de mayo.

Comment

this will be a sick fight, im hoping it happens not sure why everyone hates on it for. Think about this, we get this fight and another mayweather fight... otherwise if we had canelo vs mayweather and cotto vs a tomato can.... so instead now we get 2 good fights opposed to 1

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman says a fight between WBC/WBA junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 30KOs), and former three division king Miguel Cotto (37-3, 30KOs), is the best option for both fighters.

Golden Boy Promotions wants to make a fight between Canelo and Floyd Mayweather Jr. (44-0, 26KOs) for September 14th. Sulaiman feels a Mayweather fight would be too soon for Canelo. He says the young Mexican boxer needs at least two more fights before challenging Mayweather.
        [Click Here To Read More]
        i hope cotto ko's this hype job..

Comment

Originally posted by JibbaJabber View Post
          i hope cotto ko's this hype job..
          Hype job. Hating as always. Kid outboxes a guy that was suppose to be a better boxer and the top JMW in the division and he is a hype job? Geez, please go away and continue to give :*******:

Had to be a RunWeather fan.

Comment

I'd be satisfied if they make this fight, canelo should win easily.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
              Ridiculous 147 demand? Lol the guy who comes into fights at 149 and has paid his dues and is the biggest fighter on planet earth is ridiculous for fighting at 147 but the ginger who's only 23 and weighs 172 on fight night demanding to fight Floyd at his weight where he has a 3 weight division advantage isn't ridiculous? Lmao ok dude
              So Floyd can fight Oscar at 154 and Cotto at 154, but not Canelo. What's the difference. That's right Cotto and Oscar were older and already past there best. Floyd holds a title at 154, but all of a sudden he can't fight there.

Floyd asking for 147 is putting up a road block, knowing Canelo will never agree to this because he can't physically make 147 without being completely weight drained.

Like I said before Canelo should say **** him! Canelo has a lot more options and is young enough that the money is gonna come. No way he puts himself at that type of disadvantage. He has a lot of options at 154. Whereas the heat is on Floyd after this Guererro debacle. He's not gonna fight Martinez or Pacquiao, so he's running out of acceptable options that the public will accept and continue to pay for as can be seen in the drop in this PPV's #'s and the fact that more and more people will stream these lesser fights and not pay for them.

Canelo should ride it out and continue to take tough competitive fights at 154 and refuse 147. He went against Floyd once refusing to be on the undercard you think he wouldn't ddo it again.

C

Comment

Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                So Floyd can fight Oscar at 154 and Cotto at 154, but not Canelo. What's the difference. That's right Cotto and Oscar were older and already past there best. Floyd holds a title at 154, but all of a sudden he can't fight there.

Floyd asking for 147 is putting up a road block, knowing Canelo will never agree to this because he can't physically make 147 without being completely weight drained.

Like I said before Canelo should say **** him! Canelo has a lot more options and is young enough that the money is gonna come. No way he puts himself at that type of disadvantage. He has a lot of options at 154. Whereas the heat is on Floyd after this Guererro debacle. He's not gonna fight Martinez or Pacquiao, so he's running out of acceptable options that the public will accept and continue to pay for as can be seen in the drop in this PPV's #'s and the fact that more and more people will stream these lesser fights and not pay for them.

Canelo should ride it out and continue to take tough competitive fights at 154 and refuse 147. He went against Floyd once refusing to be on the undercard you think he wouldn't ddo it again.

C
                No Canelo should fight a few more 154 pounders. We really don't know how good he really is. I mean think about it you even said that "That's right Cotto and Oscar were older and already past there best" so if Trout beat a Cotto that was old and pass his best, how can we determine how good he really is? Then Canelo's biggest win came against Trout so how do we really know how good Canelo is. I mean Canelo has fought nothing but 140 and 147 pounders thats a fact you can google it and they were not even good 140 or 147 pounders (N'dou, Lopez, Gomez, Matthew Hatton) just to name a few C'MON MAN, so once again how good is he?
                Last edited by TBOGGS78; 05-14-2013, 05:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

it's the easiest bout 4 him...WBC protects him,as I said never has he fought a #1 or mandatory, what about the Lara/Angullo winner...that's a bout that won't happen after Lara wins....Alvarez's more protected than jr...

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
                    Hype job. Hating as always. Kid outboxes a guy that was suppose to be a better boxer and the top JMW in the division and he is a hype job? Geez, please go away and continue to give :*******:

Had to be a RunWeather fan.
                    Have you looked at Canelo's resume. I think that speaks for itself as far as being a hype job. The dude has beat nothing but old 140 and 147 pounders. I mean there is not one fighter that's he has beat besides Trout that you can say was close to their prime NOT ONE. I mean I give him credit for Trout but I don't know how much credit to give him. Trout's biggest victory is against Cotto the same Cotto that was supposedly old and washed up when Floyd beat him so how much credit do you get for that? I think he will end up like Chavez Jr begging for a fight and then when you finally get it, you get exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      Cotto has the potential to KO Canelo and vice-versa.

I don't count Cotto out at all in this fight.

It would be in his wheel house and he'd have a very easy target to hit.

Cotto outboxes Canelo to a UD, TKO's him in the middle rounds, or gets KO'd late.
                      I actually agree that Cotto's good enough to win, but I think he's way too small and shopworn. He'll show the effects of Alvarez's punches, he'll feel every single one, and he'll get worn down.

It would be crazy if Cotto surprised the boxing world and pulled it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X