Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gonzalez: I Dominated Ricky Burns, Never Felt His Shots!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I rewatched the later rounds, he was throwing the left hand freely in the 9th round, if anything he held back with the right hand in that round.

I don't believe he's injured or at least not significantly.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 05-12-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Guys like him make me appreciate a fighter like Jean Pascal, who not only fought through bad in-ring injuries, but in some ways, even stepped up his game and fought harder.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I rewatched the later rounds, he was throwing the left hand freely in the 9th round, if anything he held back with the right hand in that round.

I don't believe he's injured or at least not significantly.
        He injured his heart and ballsack.

Comment

Probably shouldn't have quit then

Comment

I am not a professional boxer and I don't know what it is to get hit in the face for a living but, to me, that shows either insecurity or a lack of will/heart. The guy is not well known and chances are he might not get another title shot again. How can you quit in a fight that you were officially winning?

Hurt or not, it is disappointing and sure makes you appreciate the efforts of guys like Gómez and Trinidad. What about Gatti, who was practically blind, when he beat Wilson Rodríguez and when he beat Ward in the third fight with a broken right hand? You can train and obtain skill but I guess iron will determination comes from within and just can not be taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx30 View Post
              I am not a professional boxer and I don't know what it is to get hit in the face for a living but, to me, that shows either insecurity or a lack of will/heart. The guy is not well known and chances are he might not get another title shot again. How can you quit in a fight that you were officially winning?

Hurt or not, it is disappointing and sure makes you appreciate the efforts of guys like Gómez and Trinidad. What about Gatti, who was practically blind, when he beat Wilson Rodríguez and when he beat Ward in the third fight with a broken right hand? You can train and obtain skill but I guess iron will determination comes from within and just can not be taught.
              Good post.

Comment

Should learn from this man,

Comment

We don't have to take it that far back, two weeks ago Martinez fought with a broken hand from round two against an oponent who was hitting back, unlike Burns was and he didn't thought about quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                    Guys like him make me appreciate a fighter like Jean Pascal, who not only fought through bad in-ring injuries, but in some ways, even stepped up his game and fought harder.
                    True. Same with Floyd Mayweather. He keeps fighting on with injured hands. That's what separates champions from the rest.

Comment

Even Paulie Malignaggi who breaks his hands with any shot always fights harder and never quits.

Comment

Working...
                      X