No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    Come on man, dont be disingenuous, Let me remind you what happened. Pac was making his first run for congress, had to start campaigning in April. He takes that stuff real serious. He didn't have time to dick around with the roadblocker, needed a fight done asap. He won the election and had time to put up with the guy, who vanished after HBO tried to play intermediary. Then resurfaced after a good while with brand new roadblocks
    He wasn't running for congress in Dec 2009. So you can go ahead with the BS dude.

he is running for reelection and is helping his wife run yet he can make an agreement to fight rios so why was it so difficult then?

You know manny? How do you know how important it is to him? As much as the hookers or gambling?

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Uh, um....one problem with that. His stock didn't go down. Look how much Bradley and JMM were being offered. Losing does not automatically equate to stock. Stock goes down when fighters quit, look boring, don't come in shape, are totally washed up. Pac still has the style many see as giving problems to Floyd and vice-versa. The only way that changes is if Pac keeps losing or shows he cannot compete anymore.
      His leverage went down Floyd was the only person who could balk at the tables and vice versa so when he got double on PPV numbers he made concessions he didn't want to make. It went from he's not the commission to we will test 14 days to now we will test up until the fight with a lower split. I put it like this egos got big on both sides and nobody wanted the fight at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        If Floyd did ask for that weight what sense does it make to leak it. ESP when you have no leverage. He's not in Manny seat and its known if they fight it will be at 154.
        It makes sense to leak it if Canelo's team sees the demand as an impasse, something they know they cannot do, such as when Floyd said 147 and no catchweight under 154 either. Canelos trainer sayd that he cannot expect his boy to go through that. Thats pretty telling of a sign. Anyone would be frustrated with Floyd and give up if Floyd sticks to that. If the fight happens it will be because Floyd pulls back and accepts 154 so as not to look bad. People usually spill things out of intense happiness or intense frustration or knowing it won't matter anyway because the obstacle is too big.
        Last edited by richardt; 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          I put it like this egos got big on both sides and nobody wanted the fight at the same time
          That I agree with. Both Pac and Floyd and their teams are like putting 6 bulls into a Spanish ring. No one wins that battle. I for one thought Pac should have taken the tests at the start but no one can gaurantee that would mean a fight because other details were outstanding and time would show both sides were to blame. Massive egos, massive fallout. As far as leverage, Pac still sells huge.......but he should have dumped Arum long ago and faced the consequences to become independent.
          Last edited by richardt; 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            He wasn't running for congress in Dec 2009. So you can go ahead with the BS dude.

he is running for reelection and is helping his wife run yet he can make an agreement to fight rios so why was it so difficult then?

You know manny? How do you know how important it is to him? As much as the hookers or gambling?
            Dev 2009? The negotiation went way beyond that, and he fought in March. That's a super quick turnaround, because he needed the fight done before his campaign. Of course your first run is always a bigger deal, that's how it is here and anywhere else. Once you're in, you're set. But you know all this and are wasting my time.

And no, don't know Pac, but it doesn't take a shrink to see he take politics very seriously.

Comment

• I see a lot of hypocrisy from Mayweather fans about this.

First:

For years Manny was criticized for draining fighters, hence giving him wins (according to his skeptics) over Cotto, De La Hoya, & Margarito. Of course, little is mentioned about Marquez moving up not 1, but 2 weight classes to fight Floyd at a "144lb" catchweight tin which Floyd purposely didn't make weight in nor commented about it when asked. But that's ok, it's Floyd Mayweather. Now he wants the #1 Jr Middleweight to fight at Welterweight when Floyd himself is still technically a 154lb champion??

Second:

Floyd Mayweather is a 2 time Jr Middlweight Champion. He fought both fighters at the 154lb limit and won both fights. He even went further to say that he's fighting Cotto at the weight he's "comfortable at" and fought Oscar at the weight Oscar demanded (which ironically he said the same to Pacquiao about 147 but that's another story).

Look, for all we know this could be Floyd getting in Team Canelo's head to start a little war of words, build up to a fight. But at the same time I'm thinking, why would you even entertain the idea of Canelo moving down to 147 if you've already fought two guys there? Are we and or the media supposed to forget he's a 2 time 154lb champion?

Even for legit fans of Mayweather and not those who blow him, this does have to come off a little
              Last edited by RL_GMA; 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• See, some think this may be a ploy to gain the upperhand by Mayweather asking Canelo to come in at 147 and only a ploy. But what if by some chance, Canelo had accepted???? Does ANYONE actually believe Floyd would have said "no, I changed my mind, you don't have to come in at 147"??? Hardly! That would mean Floyd would go on record as having done the same thing he and his fans badgered Pac for. Thats a double-edged sword! Just in Mayweather ASKING Canelo to come down in weight, just ASKING him is a contradiction to his own words!

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

I see a lot of hypocrisy from Mayweather fans about this.

First:

For years Manny was criticized for draining fighters, hence giving him wins (according to his skeptics) over Cotto, De La Hoya, & Margarito. Of course, little is mentioned about Marquez moving up not 1, but 2 weight classes to fight Floyd at a "144lb" catchweight tin which Floyd purposely didn't make weight in nor commented about it when asked. But that's ok, it's Floyd Mayweather. Now he wants the #1 Jr Middleweight to fight at Welterweight when Floyd himself is still technically a 154lb champion??

Second:

Floyd Mayweather is a 2 time Jr Middlweight Champion. He fought both fighters at the 154lb limit and won both fights. He even went further to say that he's fighting Cotto at the weight he's "comfortable at" and fought Oscar at the weight Oscar demanded (which ironically he said the same to Pacquiao about 147 but that's another story).

Look, for all we know this could be Floyd getting in Team Canelo's head to start a little war of words, build up to a fight. But at the same time I'm thinking, why would you even entertain the idea of Canelo moving down to 147 if you've already fought two guys there? Are we and or the media supposed to forget he's a 2 time 154lb champion?

Even for legit fans of Mayweather and not those who blow him, this does have to come off a little
                  Which is why the claim makes no sense. It's literally only Reynoso saying this. No press, no witnesses, no paperwork, nothing. If you wanna believe Team Canelo, go ahead. But it's never been Floyd's MO to force bigger guys down. It's just downright laughable that the Reynosos have been lying nonstop about something as serious as Canelo bare knuckle sucker punching and hospitalizing Solis....but oh no, they would -never- make up something like Floyd demanding a 154 lb Ginger come down to 147, that would be totally evil of them. SMH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    The whole Mayweather is scared of Canelo promotion is startin', many will start biting at this
                    lol
                    hes the most scared undefeated champ of all time
                    its called negotiatin
                    im just gonna wait til the fights made and bet with all the hes scared people
                    heres what i see
                    canelo fight me at 154
                    floyd never lets fight at 147
                    canelo ur scared
                    floyd no im not but only at 147
                    canelo ur scared come to 154 and ill even give up more share of the purse
                    floyd deal......big smile

lol
                    his name aint money for nothin
                    Last edited by abdiel2k3; 05-13-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                      btw, has Pac even woke up yet?
                      That (nicca) in my pinky voice, still sleep. Lmbo

Comment

Working...
                      X